ITMOWYSN- 12

* * *

Many of you are mad at me for the last chapter:( I'm hoping mixed feelings about this one?

Happy reading, my naughties!;D

* * *

Pic is the new cover:) it'll be going up as soon as I get on a computer! Thanks to AlexValentine for the obsessively gorgeous cover:D

* * *

(Heath's POV)

I can't believe I yelled at Quinn. The love of my life hated my guts now. He'd locked himself in our room, and I could hear him crying pathetically through three doors.

Walking to the heavy wooden door used to make our bedroom private, I knocked softly.

"Quinn? Please, baby, it's been an hour and a half. Let me talk to you."

There was a short break in the crying before it started right back up again.

I started sobbing too, from the sheer exhaustion and stress of the day. Finding out that Dawn had run away, Hunter being gay, it was all too much. I couldn't take it anymore.

The door creaked open, but I ignored it, going right on with my tears.

"Why are you crying?" Quinn whispered, more worried about me than he was mad at me.

"I need to tell you something. But you can't be mad at me. Please." I pleaded with him, and he nodded, grabbing my hand. His eyes wide, he stood up, trying to pull me with him.

"Come on, we'll sit down." We headed downstairs to the living room, both curling up on the couch together.

"I don't know where to start..." I murmured aimlessly. "There really isn't a good place to start this story."

"Does it have something to do with Gwennie?" Quinn asked anxiously.

"Kinda..."

"Then start there."

For once, Quinn made sense to me, and I did as he asked, taking a deep breath.

"Yesterday, Hunter called me to tell me that the baby had been born. He also told me... Told me that Dawn had run away."

Quinn interrupted, stopping my already-difficult tale.

"So does that mean we can keep Gwennie?"

I glared at him, and he slapped a hand over his mouth.

"As I was saying. Dawn ran away, and Hunter enlightened me on something. Something I was slightly-very- shocked about."

Quinn watched me with unblinking attention.

"Hunter's gay."

"Huh. I knew something was up. What else is wrong?" Quinn, as usual, bypassed the problem completely.

"Uh, that WAS what was wrong."

"Really? He texted me about it yesterday morning. I thought you knew... Oh, well. Guess it just means that Gwennie is the only grandchild my parents are getting." Quinn snorted into his hand.

"Well, aren't you worried about Dawn running away?" I eyed him.

"Nah, it just means we get to keep Gwennie, doesn't it? Besides, it's not like we can throw a Devereaux out on the streets. Or, God forbid, leave them with Hunter." Quinn shuddered dramatically.

"Wait, what?! 'Devereaux'? I thought Hunter's last name was Thorne, like yours!" Staring in shock, I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Crap, yeah, that's what I didn't tell you. Dawn's last name is Devereaux. Gwennie took her name. I didn't think you guys were related, I just thought it was some crazy coincidence." Again, Quinn just blew off the problem, trying to ignore the fact that he'd screwed up.