Chp. 30

***TESS’S POV***

I couldn’t stop thinking about how Kate had saved my life, she had killed that guy without even blinking for me… The image was stuck inside of my brain, especially when she was lying in the tub nearly lifeless. I thought she was going to die, that’s one of the reasons why I took some of her pain because I was worried she was going to pass out from it. 

And her passing out wouldn’t have been good. 

Then when I heard her leave last night it kind of angered me, because even after the talk we had she still didn’t listen. 

Because I knew damn well where she was going. 

She was never going to realize until something actually happened to her or... if she turned her. Which I was hoping to God she wasn’t thinking about doing right now. 

Or ever. 

I mean don’t get me wrong, I did feel a little something towards Kate but I knew she didn’t like me like that. She was head over heels for Miss Riley, everyone could see it, and it kind of broke my heart. 

But I was over it now, and I was just waiting for something to happen to make her realize she was in to deep. 

And now as I was laying in my bed completely restless I heard a noise downstairs, like something falling. I heard a mumble and then I stood out of my bed, wondering if there was an intruder…

Even though Dean was supposed to be finishing the night watch. 

Then I heard a loud yell, “Dean!”

My heart thudded inside my chest as I ran down the hallway and towards the yell, I knew automatically it was Michelle’s voice. I barged into the room and saw her holding her stomach, “Shit, Tess… I think my water broke.”

I saw the sheets of the bed that were dark with her fluid as I nodded, “Yea, I think so too.”

Dean was next to me within seconds, his eyes wide and glowing in the dark, “What? What’s… oh shit.”

Michelle laid on the bed, trying to keep the pressure from standing on her feet. She pleaded, “Tess, call Allen, tell him my water broke and we need him here to help deliver the baby.”

I ran downstairs and to the house phone with Allen’s number above it, I dialed quickly as I heard the rest of the guys waking up. A deep groggy voice came over, “Hello?”

“Allen, it’s Tess, Michelle’s water broke.”

There was no hesitation in his voice, “I’m on my way.”

I hung up and remembered that Kate wasn’t even here, and if Dean found out he would flip. I ran up to my room and grabbed my phone, dialing her up quickly and listening to the rings.