Chp. 6

***MISS RILEY'S POV***

I had absolutely no idea how to handle Kate, she was just to much, I had never dealt with a student like her. I mean, don't get me wrong, she was attractive, her sexy tousled blonde hair that draped over her shoulders, her big hazel eyes that were constantly on me...

But she was my student.

She pranced around this school like she was the Queen Bee, but seeing how she interacted with the other students, I realized she was. People envied her, they wanted to be her, and she knew this, so it only added to her overly grown ego.

But even with her comment towards me today I knew there was something off about her. Before she had been carefree, like nothing was on her mind, that nothing was bothering her, but today was different.

She had something going on.

I thought back to Thursday night when I had gone out with some of my girlfriends for Lady's night, how I had been totally oblivious to the fact that Kate was behind me. I remembered how she had pressed herself against me, whispering seductively into my ear and asking my name with such ease. Had she known it was me? Or was she to drunk to even remember?

I couldn't believe my eyes when I turned around and saw her, she didn't seem to realize the truth but I had been sober.

But luckily Emma had pulled her away before we could get into anymore trouble.

It was weird, every time we made eye contact I felt something deep inside my stomach, how my heart sped up just a bit... it was actually scaring the shit out of me. I mean, I couldn't start feeling something towards Kate, it was just a big no, for so many reasons.

She was my student, and although she was 18 and legal, nothing good could come out of liking a student. Second, she was immature, she partied and she was stuck up and arrogant, definitely not my type. Third, we were like 6 years apart, and even though later one when we were both in our twenties it would still be weird.

Wait, was I actually considering us being together?

First hour began to file in and I pulled my head back into reality, greeting them as I set up for our weekly lesson.

Knowing secretly I was looking forward to second hour.

~ ~ ~ ~

I was waiting for the bell to dismiss my first hour while they were still working on the assignment that was going to be their homework. I sat at my desk, beginning to enter grades into the system as the bell rang out, "Bye Miss Riley."

I waved, hearing multiple people tell me bye as they walked out of the room. I knew it was because I was young and attractive, they paid attention though, and I had really good grades overall for a fairly new teacher.

With an exception of Katherine Brooks.

I wondered if she was going to be late today, and if she was planning on it, I was planning on giving her detention, even if se could weasel her way out of it. Apparently her family was one of the most wealthy families in this city, and had given multiple grants to this school, giving Kate and one way ticket to doing practically anything she wanted.

Which included getting away with her sexually sarcastic remarks towards me.

But today she wasn't tardy, which shocked the hell out of me, and she walked casually to her usual desk, greeting some of her friends nearby. I watched her make herself comfortable, propping her legs up on the desk in front of her, her tight jeans and her T shirt making her look laid back.