Chp. 3

I was making my way to Emma’s house and I saw the cars as soon as I turned onto her street. I became excited, anxious, and happy all at the same time. I pulled up and was greeted instantly by my friends and handed a shot, “A round of shots for the birthday girl, Emma made them, don’t know how good they’ll be.”

Emma shouted from inside the kitchen, “They’re delish you bastard, now cheers.”

We lifted our shots and Emma spoke, “To Kate finally turning 18 and still acting like a 16 year old.”

I made a sarcastic face before I swallowed my shot, letting the hot liquid burn down my throat. It tasted good, but I knew this would do nothing for me. 

My alcohol tolerance was amazingly high, and I hated it.

I spoke, “So who are the driver’s tonight?”

Scott and Amy raised their hands and I spoke, “Good cause I know I’m not.”

They all laughed and we sipped on liquor while we waited for a good time to head out, and finally we were on our way. 

I was crammed in the car with Scott and the driver and two other people, not including me and Emma. We had quite a bit of people coming and I had really been looking forward to this. 

I was the youngest of the group.

We made it to one of their favorite clubs that we knew served to underage people and we made our way to the front of the line. 

Apparently Emma knew the manager’s brother or something. 

We made our way in to the club after getting our 21 and over wristbands and the music pumped loudly into my ears. I saw a ton of girls that were dancing on the floor and I instantly wanted to go but I walked to the bar with Scott and got a drink. I sipped and made my way to the dance floor with Emma and other people, feeling the music ease up my mood. 

It felt good to finally let loose and have fun, and the more I started drinking the less I knew exactly what I was doing. 

I was loose, it felt as if I had been here for five hours and I couldn’t even walk straight. I was slurring my words but I was feeling good, and I didn’t want to stop dancing. 

I glanced to my side, already feeling dizzy as I laughed at something Emma had said, then someone, or two someone’s, caught my eye. 

It was Collin Quinn and some other guy, he was noticeably older, but not by much. His dark tousled hair and those piercing green eyes… 

They were staring right at me, both of them, like they were… watching me?

I made my way out of their sight, wondering what the fuck was going on but it was hard, I was drunk, and anxiety wouldn’t get the best of me. I found Emma in the crowd dancing with some guy and I moved around, attempting to get my mind off of Collin and the other mystery dude.