Chp. 13

I was actually not looking forward to going to second hour today, just because I didn’t know what was waiting for me in there. I didn’t want to get kicked out of school, what would Dean do to me then? I was staring blankly at the clock on the fore wall, knowing I should’ve been paying attention but I couldn’t…

I was thinking about Miss Riley. 

She had consumed my thoughts since detention, I couldn’t stop thinking about her lips against mine. The way they had fit perfect against me, how she had tasted so sweet…

Suddenly the bell rang, forcing me out of my day dream. My heart began to pump quick as I lifted myself off of my desk and hoisted my bag onto my shoulder. I then felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to see Collin smiling, “Hey, you’re pretty nervous for second hour today huh?”

He could hear my heartbeat, I smiled weakly, “Yea, I guess.”

He laughed, “See you after school,” then he was gone. 

Emma looked at him down the hall, then falling in step besides me, “You talk to Collin Quinn?”

I shrugged, “Asked me about homework one time.”

It was a weak lie but I was to nervous to think about anything but second hour. I didn’t want to be late though, I sighed, “I don’t want to be late today. Don’t want another detention.”

Emma smiled mischievously, “That’s true, how did that go, by the way?”

I clenched my jaw at the thought, seeing Miss Riley’s lips come into view, “I’ll tell you after school.”

Then I turned and made my way down the hall, not even worrying about everyone’s looks as I tore through the crowded hallway. I didn’t want to be late, I mean, I knew she probably wasn’t going to do anything to me but I didn’t want to upset her even more today. Even though the things she had said to me yesterday had actually cut me deep. 

It was just different coming from her.

I made my way into class, realizing she was sitting at her desk reading something. Her loose dark brown curls falling over her shoulders and lightly grazing her desk. I sat in my desk, wondering what her reaction towards me was going to be. 

Was she even going to acknowledge me? Ignore my existence? Ignore that fact that I had kissed her? 

Then the bell rang and she stood, closing her door and hesitating. She hadn’t even noticed I was sitting here in class. She tore her eyes away from the door for a split second, as if she was waiting for a familiar knock from me. Then our gazes locked, and she looked taken back as she realized I was in class on time and spoke, stuttering slightly, “O-Ok, we’re going to go over what we’ve been covering.”

I smiled to myself, she was shocked, and she had been looking for me willingly. She had been thinking about me, and that’s exactly what I wanted.