Chp. 21

***KATE’S POV***

Days started passing quickly with no sign of a new member, it was actually starting to worry me considering Michelle wasn’t even coming on our night runs anymore. There was only five of us, and considering only Dean was in charge the Pack wasn’t as strong as it usually was.

Good thing I was a True Alpha, because that made us stronger in the place of Michelle’s absence.

I wasn’t planning on taking her place even though she was out, Dean still thought I was way to irresponsible and I didn’t want to boss everyone around yet. It meant to much responsibility, and me being involved with my HUMAN Calculus teacher… well that was childish all on it’s own. 

I hadn’t spoken about it to anybody, including Emma because I didn’t want anyone to know. It was way to risky, and even though I trusted Emma I just couldn’t tell her, considering I hadn’t even told her my biggest secret yet. 

That I’m a fucking werewolf. 

I just didn’t want her in danger, was that such a bad thing? I mean, I was protecting her… even though I had told Miss Riley pretty much everything… 

But she had witnessed it first hand! Dean had even said we could do nothing about it, just make sure she kept it hidden, which I knew she would do considering we trusted each other pretty well.

And on top of everything I was dealing with, Midterms were approaching and I was preparing for the worst. 

Sure, I had been studying and tutoring but for me to remember all of that information and pass a huge test… it was going to be difficult. It scared me because I was already passing and failing the test could drop my letter grade dramatically…

All that hard work gone to waste. 

I had a research paper due in English and I had two giant tests in Math and Physics… which meant a lot of time writing and studying. Tess had offered to help me with the study guide for Physics, and of course Jennifer was going to help me in math and English, but I kind of wanted to do it on my own.

Just to prove to myself I was capable. 

There hadn’t been anymore murders, werewolf nor vampire which brightened my mood. Maybe it was a fluke, Emily getting murdered, I mean sure she was with me the night before but maybe she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

Maybe it had nothing to do with me. Maybe no one knew my true identity and everything was all in our paranoid heads. 

That’s what I was praying for anyway.

And another thing that was worrying me was that the Full Moon was tomorrow night, and I could already feel the blood lust growing in my veins. Dean told me it would be hard for me to control the first time considering I hadn’t gone through a Full Moon yet but I was trying to prepare myself. I didn’t understand completely how it worked or why we were so thirsty to kill but I knew it was coming because every muscle in my body ached to be used. I wanted to fight, I wanted to shift, and controlling it at school was awfully hard.