Dancing With The Devil

"Tell me beautiful, how many times do you bleed in your dreams?" He twirls the crayon that balances on the metal table.

"Daniel, how many times have I told you, I am not your friend nor your puppet, I'm your nurse," I sternly reply, slapping the balanced crayon back down to the metal surface.

"Someones quite snappy today, didn't get enough sleep?" He lays back in his chair, facing me.

"Don't get me started, these nightmares keep getting worse and worse by the night," I spit out, rubbing my temples. This was all a patterned routine to me, the headaches and such.

"Nightmares? I thought I wasn't your friend to know these type of things Arabella," he grins at me.

"Don't call me that, you must address me as nurse Anderson," I roll my eyes.

"I'll call you what I want to call you, if anything you should be calling me your master," he smirks, leaning in forward.

I feel my face turning red, no one had ever made my entire face red before in such a long time. I lean back, ignoring his presence, looking over at the clock.

"Don't be so cold, dear. I get nightmares too, don't we all?" He bites his bottom lip.

"These nightmares scare me..." I say softly, looking down with a slight frown on my face.

"Some nightmares aren't just to scare you, sometimes they're there to warn you, to give you new views on such things. Sometimes the nightmares in your mind aren't as bad as the nightmares in real life, it all depends how you intake them mentally," Dan looks at me with sincere eyes.

Crap— I never thought I'd be taking advice from my patient. I can't get attached, it's bad for me and my reputation. I could get in serious trouble or even lose my job for getting attached to a patient, especially if it's Dan Howell.

"You seem calm now, dear," his smirk grows and he tilts his head, resting it on his shoulder.

"Yeah, I am. I don't know how you can calm me down so fast sometimes. I panic a lot and over think everything, usually it takes a lot for me to calm down, but with you around I feel like you know how to relax me already. Dan, I don't know much about you, I don't even know if I can trust you... For some reason I feel comfortable near you, not as jumpy as all the other nurses around here," I lower my voice down to a whisper.

"What are you trying to say?" He smiles, resting both of his cheeks with his hands.

"What I'm trying to say is... I don't know what your game is, but if you dare try anything to harm me or my loved ones I will make sure you will never see the light of day," I say sharply, still in a whisper tone.

His smile quickly drops, turning into a frown but his eyebrows furrow in complete anger. "Listen here honey, if I really wanted to come after you and your little shit heads of friends, I would of done it already. Don't doubt me, because I can still gladly call up one of my people and have the world forget you ever existed," he grinds his teeth, both hands formed into a fist.

I slightly tremble, but take everything in me to stop. I can't let him see me at my weakest.

"Who the hell, do you think you are? What are you really? A little kid? A bad luck charm? Are you the devil?" I snap at him, again trying to keep my voice at a low volume.

He laughs evilly, clutching onto his stomach, "oh sweetheart, I am much more than that, much more than a monster under your bed at dawn, watching you drift away."

"If you aren't a monster, then what are you? What can possibly be worse?" I bring myself forward, dragging myself and my chair closer to the table.

"A mad man."

Suddenly the volume of the classical music in the lounge got higher, blocking out most whispers in the room. I couldn't tell who raised the volume up, but I know it couldn't have happened by itself.

Dan gets up from the metal chair, and starts swaying back and forth in the room. He twirls around swiftly, and hums smoothly.

"Oh nurse Anderson!" He calls. "How about a dance with the devil himself?" He reaches his hand out my way, smirking crazily, this young man was completely nuts.

"One dance in hell before the angels call, miss?" He continues to beg.

I let out a sigh, and place my hand on his. He pulls me into him, and his other hand lays softly on my waist. Dan glides around the room with me, I can hear him hum to the instrumental sounds. His head stands tall, a sign of confidence most would say.

"You know what they say about people like us?" He whispers in my ear.

"What..?" I slightly gulp, my head bowing down as my eyes meet contact to the floor.

"They call us sinners for the deplorable acts that we take upon that disturb their sanity," I shudder from chills as his warm breath melts on my skin.

I let go of his touch, backing away slightly. I widen my eyes and dust off my uniform while clearing my throat.

"I'm nothing like you," I say at a regular volume, not caring about the eyes that plant on us.

"Mr Howell, your time is up," Ms Grundy walks in with two security guards.

He looks back at her, then back at me. His signature grin makes another visit and he places his hands behind his back.

"You'll see, soon you will see how things really are. Remember Miss Anderson, the demons are coming, the demons are coming!" He repeats in a mocking tone, giggling at the end of his sentence.

"Guards, take him back and make sure a doctor hydrates him immediately," Ms Grundy says, then turning around, clicking her heals away.

Dan gets dragged out my guards as I stand their in shock. I can feel most patients eyes on me, especially Phil's.

I feel a hand on my shoulder, I turn around noticing Jill behind me with a look of terror.

"What was that about?" She raises her brow.

"I— I don't know, but I guess we'll wait and find out.." I pout, resting my head on Jill's shoulder as she pulls me into a hug.

The demons are coming.

mostly edited.

YOU GUYS WE HIT OVER 1K ON THIS STORY!! I'M SO EXCITED TO MEET MORE OF YOU AND WRITE MORE.

I AM SO THANKFUL FOR ALL OF YOU, I SERIOUSLY DIDN'T THINK THIS STORY WOULD GET NOTICED AT ALL SO THE FACT OVER 1K OF YOU READ MY CHAPTERS IS MIND BLOWING.

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! THANK YOU GUYS!

have a great day everyone! i'm going to a family gathering today and i'm not good at socializing at all so wish my luck ;-;

xxxx dumbpickle