Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The siting room of the mansion was a big as your average apartment. Oscar Borinos, a tall well dressed man with blond hair, sat at a coffee table in wait. The tea and cookies he was given lay untouched and would remain that way. The couch he sat on was real leather, a pleasure to sit in. Not that the man's expression betrayed anything of the sort. Strictly business, that's all this was.

The heavy mahogany door squeaked open and an elderly man rolled in on an electric wheel chair. The old man was perhaps seventy, but his taste in lodging and apparel spoke for it's self. The hand tailored suit looked freshly pressed and his legs looked relaxed and comfortable, not betraying a hint of weakness. Giving the impression that he could jump off the chair and start running if he wanted to. "Would you like some more tea Mr. Borinos?" The old man was met only by an icy stare. He hesitated for a moment expecting at least a response, but got none. “Very well, let's get down to business shall we?”

Oscar nodded, showing no emotion. The old man reached around to the back of the wheelchair and grabbed a newspaper, laying it gently on the table in front of him. “My associates are not pleased with this type of publicity.” The old man maneuvered his chair as to sit opposite of his guest. “Investors are worried and to tell you the truth, I am to. It won't be long before these environmentalists put roaches on the endangered species list and Raid becomes illegal.”

Borinos watched, silently.

“We live in a country surrounded by enemies. Times are getting tough and these crazies want to make life impossible for all of us. If we do nothing, we are going to run out of oil and not have a pot to piss in.” The old man waited for a response.

“Politics and the future have never been a concern of mine.” Borinos said, matter-of-factly. His Latino accent was barely noticable, as was his tan completion. If this old hag only knew how little he gave a shit.

“Ah, but it will be your concern very soon my boy. You see, these animal lovers are trying to destroy this country and I can't let them. Our children deserve much more than what they are trying to offer them.”

The man stared quietly then got up abrubly and headed towards the exit, “I'm sorry, I must be at the wrong place.” He started to leave when the old man blocked his path.

“OK, you win. Down to business it is.” The old man reached again to the back of his wheelchair, this time pulling out a manila envelope and handing it promptly to the man.

Borinos opened it, extracting three large photographs, and a sheet of printed paper. He flipped through the pages then returned his gaze coldly to the cripple. “Three contracts, three jobs. Normally I charge 50k per job, but this last one's going to cost you. 500K or I walk away right now.” Oscar stood ready to give the envelope back.

“That kind of money I'd never waste on a guy like you. I don't claim to like you but you come highly recommended.”

Oscar nodded again then spoke, “I'll need 100k up-front. The rest I can get when I'm done, and I don't need to say what will happen to you if you try to stiff me.”

The old man's face wrinkled at the thought. He rolled to his desk and opened a drawer, pulling out a black leather briefcase. He gave the man the case and handed him a business card. "Just call me when it's done and I'll have your money.”

“Thanks for doing business with me.” The blond man took the case, giving a wiry smile as the only show of emotion, then left the room.

The old man looked at a picture of his dead wife, “My love, please forgive me.”