Chapter 3 ~ I'd Rather Not

Some people come to my room only a few hours later. They remove my arm and leg restraints allowing me to stand on my own feet, but quickly my wrists are joined together by a pair of silver handcuffs and my feet are also joined allowing me to only take small steps. It takes a moment to adjust to the sting of the silver and during that time I am led out of the room and through the corridors of their prison. As I walk through I see cages and cages of people, varying from young boys to old women, they all act ferial as I walk past. They've been here a long time.

At last the door is opened and I'm greeted by the Alpha. For the first time, I can actually see his features, he's not an ugly man, with his perfect teeth, blond hair and brown eyes. There is something about his smile though that makes me want to vomit, his smile is that unsettling.

"Ready for the battle princess?" I gulp but nod, Iron Moon is scary, after thinking to myself last night the idea of taking their pack on sends shivers down my spine.

"The names Keith by the way, Keith Stonewood." I know his name but as many others I don't dare to say it. I look down to my shoes and follow along slowly as we approach a large group of people gathered around masses of black cars.

"Welcome my warriors." The groups welcome their Alpha. "We have been waiting for this moment a long time, today we will be attacking Iron Moon!" Cheers and roars of excitement fill the air but Keith quickly hushes them.

"We have the black wolf, fate and destiny are on our side today and we will use them to our advantage. Cora here will distract their pack, group A and I will be there with her. Group B you will attack from the left-hand side, group C from the right, everyone got the plan?" I look around and every face is smiling and nodding in agreement.

"Let's go get us some more she-wolves and some more land." His pack files off into the car and slowly they start to drive out of the thick woods.

"You know the plan Cora, help us or she dies." I stand frozen as Keith heads for the only car left. He turns around before getting in.

"Get in Cora." I get in the car knowing that this man does not issue empty threats, I may be an Alpha but this man has strategy on his side.

"The drive is going to take a few hours feel free to get some sleep." I shake my head putting my seatbelt on and struggling to put my window down with my hands cuffed, it's good to have the fresh air on my face.

"I'd rather not." This time he shakes his head. He then puts my window up and waves a cloth in front of my face reeking of a certain scent. I recognize it instantly as we use it in my pack. Wolfbane more specifically a type that forces your body to sleep. I guess I'm getting some shut-eye after all.