Sonic x Paralyzed! Reader

Request for RandomFanGirl1208

(Y/n) had just gotten into a really bad accident. I sat by her beside at the hospital. The cardiac monitor beeped regularly.

She had the most worried look on her face, as if she already knew something was wrong.

The doctor walked inside the room with a clipboard.

"Hello, miss (Y/n). How are you?"he asked. "I'm okay. The medicine started working and I'm not hurting anymore,"she said softly.

"That's good."
"But..."
"But what?"
"But my legs...I can't feel them."

"Yes, I was going to get to that. You're spinal cord was injured in the accident. I'm sorry, but you're paralyzed from the waist down,"he said with a grim expression.

My heart fell apart. I turned to look at (Y/n). Tears were welling up in her eyes.

"No...it c-can't be,"she whispered as she looked down, shaking her head slowly.

"I'm very sorry, ma'am. We'll provide you with a wheelchair but there's nothing more we can do."

I took her hand into mine and looked up at the doctor. "Could you give us a minute?"I asked. He nodded and left the room, softly closing the door behind himself.

I sat down on the bed beside her and cupped her cheeks. Her bottom lip quivered.

She began to sob heavily. I pulled her into my arms and hugged her as close as possible.

After about another hour, we left the hospital. (Y/n) sat quietly in her wheelchair as I pushed her down the street.

We went home. She still didn't say a word. "Are you hungry, (Y/n)? I can make your favorite in a flash,"I said as I rolled her into the kitchen. She shook her head.

"No, I'm fine. I just...want to be alone for a while,"she muttered. I gave her a worried look before nodding and walking out.

Months went by. The happy, loving, adventurous (Y/n) I knew was long gone. She barely spoke unless she needed something. She never smiles anymore.

When our friends come over, she acts as if everything is okay but...it's not. It's really not. Her doctor put her on anti-depressants.

Yes, she's depressed. Very depressed. It's hard not to miss her symptoms.

She wakes up super early, even if having trouble sleeping the night before. She won't eat much and has lost a lot of weight. She's often agitated as well.

But I'm not giving up on her. Back when she used to be able to walk, we'd go out every other Friday and do something fun. We'd race, have picnics, prank people. Whatever we felt like doing that day.

Today is Friday and I'm determined to get at least one smile out of her. One laugh. One giggle. One grin. That's all I need from her.

I walked into our bedroom. She was sitting in front of the open window, looking out.

(Y/n) tends to do that a lot these days.

I walked up behind her with a small smile. "Hey, (Y/n),"I said. She turned to look at me for a moment then back out the window. "Hey, Sonic,"she said.

"Today's Friday!"I smiled as I stood beside her. She glanced up at me with her exhausted eyes.

"Yeah...and?"
"It's our special day! I've planned a fun day for us!"

"Sonic, no. I don't...I don't want to go anywhere or do anything,"(Y/n) sighed.

"Well, you know what? You've been sitting around the house like a potato. You have to get over being paralyzed. I know that it's hard for you but you can't just be sad for the rest of your life,"I said, kneeling in front of her.

"Watch me,"she snapped.

I stood and sighed.

"Fine. I didn't think it'd come to this but just know that this is for your own good and I love you,"I said.

I walked behind her and grabbed the handle bars of her wheelchair. I pulled her away from the window and out of the room.

"Hey! Sonic, stop!"

I rolled her into the living room and opened the front door.

I picked her up out her wheelchair.

"Fuck your wheelchair and fuck being sad! We're going to have fun today!"I cheered as I walked outside. I closed the front door with my foot and began walking down the sidewalk.

(Y/n) glared at me. "Look at me like that all you want. We're not going home until later on,"I said. She huffed and folded her arms.

I smiled triumphantly and kept on my way.

Our first stop was at the park. We walked not too far into the forest where (Y/n) and I first met. We had gotten into a fight because we smacked into each other while running around.

We came back almost everyday to see each other after that.

I walked up to a certain tree. "Look. Remember this tree?"I asked.

(Y/n) looked up at the tree. "Yeah...we marked our initials in this tree,"she said. She reached over and touched the deep brown bark.

I smiled. "Yup. That was one of the most special days of my life,"I said.

She retracted her hand and nodded.

We left the park. I then walked us to the diner we had our first date in.

Aw, man. That place has the best chili dogs and milkshakes.

I gently kicked the door open and walked over to a booth, sitting (Y/n) down on one side while I sat on the other.

She looked out the big glass window. "Is there anything specific you want?"I asked. (Y/n) shook her head. "No, thank you,"she said softly.

I smiled a bit and called over the waitress. I ordered four chili dogs and a surprise milkshake for (Y/n).

She still looked out the window. I know that she can never resist her favorite milkshake, though.

A cherry vanilla shake with extra whipped cream, cherries, and chocolate syrup. (This is my favorite. You can change it if you don't like it)

When it was sat down in front of her, she looked at it then looked at me. I only grinned. She took the shake and took a couple sips.

After we finished, we went all around town. Going to our favorite spots and visiting our friends. By the time we were finished, the sun was already starting to go down.

"Are we going home now?"(Y/n) asked. I shook my head. "One more stop then we'll go home,"I smiled. She nodded.

I walked us to the park again. We walked deep into the woods this time until we came to a cliff.

I sat her down in the soft grass and sat beside her. "Why are we here?"(Y/n) asked.

"You'll see,"I smiled. A few minutes passed and the sunset became a bright orangish, pink color. It was beautiful. The sun looked as if it were plunging into the sea to rest for the next day.

I looked over at (Y/n), who was marveling at the sight. She hadn't seen the sunset since before the accident. The sunset was her favorite part of the end of the day.

We sat in silence until the moon came out and lit up the sky along with its friends, the stars.

I heard sniffles so I looked over again at her. (Y/n) wiped numerous tears from her cheeks and hiccuped softly.

"S-Sonic...I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for being such an asshole about not wanting to go out with you,"she muttered.

I gave her a small smile and scooted closer to her. I wrapped my arms around her and stroked her (h/c) locks.

"It's okay. I just wanted to do this to make you happy,"I said softly. She sniffled again and smiled.

"I really appreciate it. You made me feel a lot better. You're the best,"she said, hugging me back. I looked down at her and cupped her cheek.

I gave her a long kiss before hugging her again.

"You make me the best."