Shadow x Shy!Reader

Today is Christmas Eve. Tomorrow is Christmas day and Rouge's party.

I'm not going. Simply for the fact that I don't want to go. I want to be alone.

But I had to do this stupid Secret Santa thing were you pick a random name and you get that person a gift.

I got Faker. I gave him a huge plate of chili dogs, which he loved.

I wonder who got my name.

I heard a knock on my front door. I stood from my seat on the couch and walked over to the front door.

I opened it to reveal (Y/n), her cheeks red. Either she was blushing or it was from the freezing cold weather. She had her hands behind her back.

"H-Hi, S-S-Shadow,"she said shyly. "Hey, (Y/n). Would you like to come in?"I asked.

She may be shy but I enjoy her company. I don't just enjoy it. I actually...crave it. I'll admit that I have very strong affections for this (a/t).

She shook her head. "It's alright. I-I heard you weren't c-coming to the party, so I stopped by on my way to Amy's place to g-give you your gift,"she said.

She pulled a box from behind her back. It was wrapped in black wrapping paper and had a red bow on it. (Y/n) handed it to me.

"M-Merry Christmas, Shadow. I hope you l-like it,"she smiled.

I gave her a small smile, making her cheeks burn a deeper red than before. "Thank you,"I said. She smiled shyly. "W-Well, I better go. Amy is p-probably waiting for me,"(Y/n) said.

I nodded. "Have a good time at the party tomorrow,"I said. She nodded and began to walk off. "Bye,"she waved.

I waved back and closed my door. I looked down at the neatly wrapped box as I went to sit on my couch.

She was my Secret Santa?

I unwrapped the box and opened it. A note sat on top.

I picked it up and unfolded it.

Dear Shadow,
When we were in the park the other day, I noticed that you were shivering from the cold because you didn't have on a lot of warm clothes. So I decided to make this for you! I'm sorry that it isn't much! But I hope you like it!
-(Y/n)

I smiled and reached into the box, pulling out a red scarf. I wrapped it around my neck and rubbed the soft, thick, wool fabric between my fingertips.

She made this? It seems as if it were from the store. But I've seen her knit before so I know she's not lying. I smiled softly as I looked at it. It was so comfortable. I could probably sleep it in.

(Y/n) really put some thought into this, didn't she? I didn't expect her to watch me that closely. I'm really... grateful and happy.

The next morning, I decided to go to Rouge's Christmas party. Sporting my new red scarf. It was mainly our friend group. But a few coworkers from GUN were in attendance as well. The house was decorated from top to bottom in green, red, and white decor. Christmas carols placed softly from somewhere in the house. I took note of the mistletoe hanging in the kitchen as I strolled around and greeted everyone.

Then, I spotted (Y/n) talking to Cream and Amy. She was stunning. She wore a red, flared sweater dress with black heals despite the cold. Her hair framed her face perfectly, making her appear angelic.

She laughed at something Amy said before she spotted me. Her smiled disappeared and her cheeks flushed. Amy looked around and saw me. She grinned, waved, and dragged (Y/n) over.

"Wow, Shadow! You're here! Merry Christmas!"Amy smiled brightly. "Merry Christmas. Thank you, (Y/n), for the scarf. It's beautiful. I just wanted to come thank you and show it off a bit,"I said.

(Y/n) began to stutter softly, her blush growing intensely. Amy gently nudged her, making her stop. "Y-You're welcome! I'm...I'm glad you like it,"she mumbled.

I chuckled a bit. "I love it. Would it be okay if I stole you from the party for a bit?"I asked. "Nope! Go right ahead!"Amy said, pushing (Y/n) into me. I caught her, wrapping my arms protectively around her waist.

(Y/n) quickly caught herself, standing up straight. "I won't keep her long,"I said to Amy. "Oh, please! Keep her for as long as you want!"she grinned playfully. I took (Y/n)'s hand. She let me guide her from the living room to the kitchen, where it was a bit more quiet.

"(Y/n)...I want to tell you something,"I said. She nodded, looking at the ground. She's not too good at eye contact but I don't mind. I gently took her hand into mine once more. That's when she actually looked into my eyes with her (e/c) orbs, making my chest flutter and my mind swirl with emotions. Joy, serenity, awe. Just to name a few.

God, I want to give her my all. I know I'm in love with this woman. There's not denying it.

"I know this is pretty cliché with it being the holidays and all...but I find you absolutely intriguing. You catch my attention more that anyone I've ever known. (Y/n), I love you,"I blurted out.

She was frozen. That's right. She just froze. Like a deer in the headlights. She began to stutter heavily, her entire face the same shade of red as her dress.

"And one more thing,"I smiled. I pushed her chin upwards to look at the mistletoe above our heads. Before she could utter another word, I pressed my lips against hers for a few seconds before pulling away. She blinked a few times as she stared at me in disbelief.

"Merry Christmas,"I grinned.

"You...You just kissed me,"she said softly. I nodded. "Was that too much?"I asked. She shook her head excitedly. (Y/n) wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me in for another kiss. She pulled away after a few moments. "No...I a-actually love you too,"she smiled shyly. I hugged her around her waist, burying my face into her shoulder.

"I'm so glad. It would've been unbearably awkward just now if you didn't,"I said.

(Y/n) busted into a fit of giggles, pulling away from our hug. "Can you imagine!"she laughed.

I chuckled along side her.

What a Merry Christmas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This one wasn't as good or long as I would have liked for it to be but I hope you guys enjoyed it!💛