Shadow x Lake (OC)

This is for stardust159 !!!
-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-
Lake's P.O.V~

Today is the day that I, Lake the Lion, will express my feelings to a certain hedgehog. I have finally worked up the courage to with a little help from Amy.

I asked Shadow to meet me in the park. I'll tell him then. My biggest fear is that he'll laugh. I know. That's so irrational. Shadow wouldn't laugh. He'll probably tell me off.

But you never know unless you try.

My blond hair flew in the wind as I walked to my destination. I wore my favorite outfit: black hair band, white shirt, red jacket, white gloves with black cuffs, brown shorts, long white socks, and my black boots with the metal panels.

My long tail waved behind me. A very strong wind suddenly blew me back, making me fall back onto my butt on the sidewalk.

"Ow..."I mumbled. "Hey, Lake! Sorry about that!" I looked up to see Sonic. He held out a hand. I took his hand and he helped me up with one quick pull.

"Thanks, Sonic,"I said as I dusted myself off. "No problem. So, where ya headed?"he asked. "The park. I'm meeting Shadow there,"I smiled.

"Oh...Oh! I see! You're gonna tell him, aren't you?"he smirked. I blushed. "I don't know what you're talking about,"I said, folding my arms. "You can't hide it from me. Amy already told me,"Sonic grinned.

Dammit, Amy!

"Hey, it's alright. I already knew about it. I just wanted to make sure I was right,"Sonic chuckled. I pouted. "I better get going. He's probably waiting,"I said, side stepping Sonic and continuing my way to the park.

"I hope things go your way and you end up with a new hedgie boyfriend!"Sonic yelled from behind me. I blushed and walked faster.

After a while, my face went back to normal. By this time, I made it to the park. I walked the path, searching for the black and red hedgie.

When I spotted him a little ways away, I smiled. I began to call out to him.

"Shadow! Shad...ow?"

I saw Rouge standing with him. She smiled and and bended over a bit. Enough to give some one a clear view of her cleavage. I couldn't see Shadow's face but I could see that he had his arms crossed.

They seemed to be talking about something. I couldn't hear what they were saying. Rouge batted her eyelashes and fluttered her wings. She said something and then winked.

She...kissed his cheek and then flew off into the sky.

Maybe...maybe they're dating. I think today is a mistake. My eyes began to water.

I hugged myself. I turned the opposite and began to walk off. I didn't even walk two feet before I heard Shadow calling my name. He ran up behind me.

"Lake! There you are. Hey, where you going?"he asked. I sighed and turned his way. I didn't say anything. "Isn't there something you needed to tell me? What's wrong?"he asked.

Those crimson eyes. They're beautiful. They haunt me. I feel like they're piercing into my soul, trying to discover my true feelings. But after seeing those two, my true feelings will never surface.

"Nothing. I'm sorry that I wasted your time. You can go hangout with your girlfriend now,"I said bitterly. "Wait-"

Before Shadow could get the rest of his words out, I turned and ran off into the forest. I heard Shadow calling my name but I kept running. When I got far enough, I jumped up into a tree and sat down on a branch.

I rested my back against the trunk of the tree and brought my knees up to my chest and sighed.

Why'd it have to be him? Why Shadow? It isn't fair that I can't choose who I like and who I don't. It just happens.

I closed my eyes. The branch shook a little.

"Lake, what's wrong?"

"It's nothing, Shadow. You can go home,"I said, not looking at him. "Why are you acting this way?"he asked. "I said it's nothing so just...just leave me alone,"I said, getting irritated.

"Lake, I thought we were friends. Why are you acting like this towards me?"he asked, taking my hand in his. I involuntarily snatched it away. "Look, just go hangout with Rouge or something. You two seem perfect together,"I grumbled.

"Rouge? Why the hell would I want to hangout with her?"Shadow asked. I looked up and gave him a confused look.

"A-Aren't you two...dating?"I asked. Shadow chuckled a bit and shook his head.

"Is that what this is about? She and I aren't dating. She tried to get me to date her earlier but I told her no,"he said. "Oh,"I said.

I got myself all worked up and they're not even dating. Oh geez.

"Do you know why I told her no?"Shadow asked, smiling slightly. I shook my head. He scooted closer.

"Because I don't like her like that...but I like you like that,"Shadow smiled.

Oh. My. Gosh. What?!

My face blew up red. I bet I look like a fucking tomato.

"W-What?"I stuttered. "You heard me. I like you. More than a friend,"Shadow said. I stayed quiet, staring at Shadow in surprise.

"Here. I'll prove it."

Shadow suddenly came even closer and leaned in. His lips gently pressed against mine. A shiver went down my spine when he softly caressed my cheek. I closed my eyes and leaned into the kiss.

He's actually kissing me! Holy frazzling shiz!

Shadow slowly pulled away from the kiss. We looked into each other's eyes. He rested his forehead against mine. "Do you believe me?"he asked. "Y-Yes. I do,"I smiled.

"So you return my feeligs?"Shadow asked. I blushed and nodded. "Will you be my girlfriend then?"he asked.

I smiled brightly. "Of course!"I said, pulling him into a hug. He hugged me back. After a while, we climbed down from the tree and headed back to my house.

Toda wasn't a mistake after all.