23

(Emily's POV 2 days )
          I hadn't eaten in two days. I had cried out all the tears for my now probable dead baby. He hadn't showed himself since I failed to tackle him. My wrists were bloody and bruised from yanking and pulling against the chains as if that would help. It just made every little thing hurt even more.

          My stomach growled loudly and I laid down in the corner clutching my stomach.  I heard the door open and a bright light filled the room. I squinted at it and saw the man walking down the stairs.

          "You're not gonna try to attack me again are you? I don't think you have the energy to do that again." He chuckled lightly to himself and crouched down next to me looking me over.

          "Why are you doing this to me?" I croaked, my voice scratchy from not talking for so long.

          "I'm not doing something to you. I'm saving you from something." He said as a matter of factly.

          "From what?" I asked feeling myself get more tired from keeping my eyes open for so long with the bright light behind him.

          "That black man that raped you. I'm saving you from the baby burden and that awful excuse for a man." He said and it took me a few seconds to realize what he was saying.

          I started to sit up a little better, "what? No. Derek didn't... No... We wanted the-" he put his gross ass finger to my lips to shush me.

         "Shh, it's okay. You're safe now. You don't need to lie." He said rubbing my arm. I cringed but I knew what I had to do to get out of here.

          "You're right, thank you so much. I didn't know what I was going to do." I didn't need to fake crying because tears were already falling down my cheeks.

          "Hey shhh, it's okay. Don't cry, you're safe now."

          "Thank you so much. Can I ask you something?" He tilted his head and continued to rub circles in my arm.

          "Yes of course my darling." He said making me cringe even more.

          "It's just I'm so hungry..." I started and immediately stood up. Dammit, I thought, I fucked up.

          "I would love to feed you but that would help the baby. And we don't want that." He said starting to walk up the stairs.

          I crawled over the the stairs, "WAIT!" I yelled but he slammed the door without another word. I slumped down and started to sob. "No, no, no."