15

100 votes! Wow this is really amazing! Thank you all for sticking through it with me through this book journey! I love you guys! Here is a new chapter for you guys! I'm sorry for not updating for a month and then just updating like three in a row lol! Anyway thank you all so much!

(J.J's P.O.V)

I walked into the elevator and the doors were about to close when I saw Emily come into the lobby soaking wet and puffy red eyes like she had been crying. I stopped the elevator and called her name. She snapped her head in my direction and made her way to me. When she got in the elevator and the doors closed I turned to her.

"What happened?" I asked and she looked up at me.

"Reid quit." she stated plainly.

My heart sunk, I was so afraid of this happening and it was all my fault. I looked down and closed my eyes. I guess she sensed me guilt and she pulled me into a hug. "Hey, it's not your fault. You had to. I know this was so hard for you. I know that seeing us in pain everyday killed you. Now don't blame yourself. He just needs to pull away because he knows that we could all die at any moment and he cant handle that."

I nodded and pulled away, "I'm sorry." I said and she wiped a tear that slid down my cheek right as the elevator doors opened.

"It's okay, now lets go visit with Derek because we finally have him back!" she did a silly little jump out of the elevator to make me laugh. It worked, i giggled and followed her out of the elevator. We walked into room and Derek and Hotch stopped their conversation to look at us.

"What did he say?" Hotch asked Emily. She shook her head.

"Same to you. I don't like it but I get it." she said but I could tell she was a lot more hurt than she let on. I looked at Derek and I could tell he knew too.

All of the sudden the door burst open and a pink blur came flying in. "Derek Morgan! You scared me! The stupid storm wouldn't let me get here 'till now and...and..." she was rambling as she made her way to Derek.

"Baby girl, baby girl. Slow down, just breath okay? I'm okay, I'm right here." she hugged him and was full on crying now.

"I thought I lost you again! And then I couldn't get a damn flight and..."

"Hey, hey, hey. It's okay. I'm right here baby girl. I'm not going anywhere." he said kissing her forehead.

"You better not be. You've been gone long enough." she whispered.