Chapter 4

"I've asked about you and they told me things
but my mind didn't change and I still feel the same"

*************************************************

"Joe..." she whispered as she slowly walked over to me and I smiled brightly .

I glanced briefly behind her as I saw Kanye West and Paul McCartney glancing over in my direction before leaving the set.

" So you remembered my name Robyn.." I teased as I wiped her cheek which caused her to raise her eyebrow.

"There was a stray tear..."

"Oh I forgot about that.. for the video" I nodded, she didn't have much make-up on for a video shoot but she looked beautiful so I preferred it that way.

"So are you ready?" I asked her.

"Ready for what?" She raised her eyebrow.

"Er dinner , that is what you texted me.." I answered hesitantly as she looked like she hadn't even been expecting me.

I had gotten a text from her about five hours ago asking if I was in town and well I wasn't as we had a house show in San Diego last night so I simply flew over as it wasn't a long flight and I desperately wanted to see her.

I had begun to lose hope as it had been bout a month since we met and had no contact at all.

"Oh my word I am going to kill Jenn! " She shook her head as she tied her hair up into a ponytail.

"She probably texted you, I'm so sorry I.."

Well my hope was diminished that she had felt what I felt.

" Oh well I guess I'll be going then .." she simply looked at me and I decided I would go before I felt like even more of an idiot.

I was about to call Dean as I headed for my rental car when I heard her.

"JOE!! " I turned around and she walked to me.

"What do you want from me, why did you come here?" She blurted out as she seemed conflicted.

"Because I wanted to see you when I finally got that text I don't know..."

"But why do you want to see me?" I frowned a bit.

"What's with all the questions Robyn?"

"I'm sorry I'm just.. I'm sorry I didn't call"

She was much more quiet and reserved than I expected which I found cute but I am pretty sure it was due to the fact that she didn't know me very well and didn't trust me enough to reveal who she was while I felt like I had known her all my life which sounds crazy..

But besides being a fan of her , I definitely felt something when I looked at her ..

"Its fine I get it" I just wanted to leave but I couldn't when she looked at me with her conflicted eyes.

She sighed, "I'm not what the media portrays me, well not anymore.. I don't know what you're expecting to get from me"

I felt a bit offended as I knew she was implying that I wanted to use her .

"I'm not expecting anything just a simple dinner.."

"And then what?"

She was much more defensive than the first night but I wasn't holding it against her , I wanted her to know she had no need to be with me.