Epilogue

Epilogue

It's been 6 months since we got engaged and today I was marrying the man of my dreams. He was everything. My everything. I knew he felt the same and I was lucky. As I was staring at myself one last time before I get married I noticed one thing. The smile never left my face. It rarely did when it came to Norman.

My dress was white, strapless with a sweetheart neckline. The bodice had beautiful beading at the top and the bottom and then flowed out but not too poufy on the skirt. It was silk but with a lace overtop. I had an intricate bun with a tiara on my head. I was so happy. No nerves. I was ready.

I walk out and all eyes on me. I glace at everyone from Norman's mom, grandparents, and other family and friends and my side had Janel, Thomas, a few school friends, my grandparents from both sides. I wanted all of this and it was coming true. I look to the front and there she is my mom. My mom was still not that happy but she sucked it up because of my dad. I guess when he heard we were getting married he yelled at her that it was a shame that they missed graduation and that he was not going to miss my wedding. My dad steps to my side. "Are you ready babydoll?"

"Yes dad I am. I really do love him." I say tears in my eyes.

"I can see that now and I see he loves you just as much. Your mother may come around don't worry. We got her here that's the first step." He smiles and kisses my cheek.

We walk and I reach Norman. "Who gives this woman away?"

"I do." My father says and sits.

The priest starts the ceremony.

"Norman what would you like to say to your bride?"

"I have said so many things to you Andie and I meant every word. I won't make this a long speech because you know how I feel. I have and never will love anyone the way I love you. You walked into my life when I honestly didn't expect to fall in love again. I am glad you did. It was the luck of my life that I was able to meet you, get to know you and fall in love with you. You're mine and I'm yours for as long as you'll have me." Tears in his eyes. I reach up and wipe them away.

"Andie." The priest says.

"Norman, you have made the last few years a whirlwind. You're my everything. I try to remind you every day that no one could hold a candle to you. No one can hold a candle to us. We are good together. We love. We fight but at the end of the day we love more than we did before. I know no matter what comes at us we will make it through. I am not always 100% about everything but I am sure about you. I'm sure about us. I love you."

Before too long it's finalized. "Norman you may kiss your elegant bride." He says.

He leans in and wraps his arm around my waist. His lips touch mine and my arms instinctively go around his neck. I hold him tight and I get lost in him. I hear someone clear their throat and we break apart.

"Save something for the honeymoon guys." The priest jokes and laughs.

I go red and Norman smiles.

*************************

Our reception was amazing. Norman said I could have whatever I wanted. I asked what he wanted and he said he just wanted the color theme of white and navy blue other than that he didn't mind what I picked.

I told him that I'd do that but he needed to help me pick the cake and he was to wear a black suit with a navy blue tie. I did love him in a black suit. He agreed.

We talked with friends and family. His mom was amazing. She even helped with some wedding plans but she wasn't trying to take control like some mother in laws so that was good. Norman's mom and my dad went dress shopping with me and when I walked out in the dress that I picked he actually cried and I knew it was the one. My mother wouldn't come but I figured that's how it was going to go so it wasn't surprising. I wasn't about to let it get to me not when I was planning my wedding.