chapter 20

Connor's pov

Me and Jude are leaving tomorrow, so his moms said we should have family movie night. Since it's Christmas we're going to watch 'The Polar Express.' Right now we're all in the kitchen making a bunch of popcorn and hot chocolate.

"Hey Jude and Connor."I hear Mariana say and we both look up. "Can you guys go put the movie in?" I nod while Jude says sure and we both head to the living room. "Wait!"Mariana yells right when we get to the doorway. We both freeze and look at her.

"Look up."she says smirking. I look up and my eyes widen. "Of course."Jude says smiling. It's a mistletoe. "Ok I know that wasn't there before, who put that up?"Jude asks and we both automatically look at Mariana. She looks out the window like she sees something interesting. "Mariana..."Jude says trailing off.

"Hey it doesn't matter how it got there, you two have to kiss."she says. I roll my eyes and kiss him really quick then pull back. "Happy?" "No, that was barely a kiss."she says pouting. "You said a kiss, not a make out session."Jude says sarcastically.

I laugh and we go put the movie in. Everyone else comes in with the popcorn and drinks, and we start the movie. I grab Jude's waist and pull him in my lap. He smiles and looks at the TV.

After the first hour everyone is asleep but me and Stef. Jude is still in my lap and he has his head resting in the crook of my neck. I have my arm around his waist so he won't accidentally fall off the couch. I look over at Jude's moms and I smile seeing that they are in a similar position, but Lena isn't in Stef's lap.

"Wow, everyone's asleep."Stef says so quietly that I barely hear her. "Yeah."I whisper back. She looks up at me and then looks at Jude. "I've never see him so happy before."she whispers smiling. "I just hope that you won't hurt him."

I smile at her slightly and look at Jude sleeping in my arms. "That's not gonna happen."I say in a serious voice. "I believe you, just.... don't break my baby's heart."she says quietly. "He's been hurt enough." I can tell she referring to when he was in the foster system.

She smiles at me placing her hand on my shoulder. "Thank you Connor."she says and I look at her confused. "For what?"I ask and patiently wait for her to answer. "For...loving my son."

Love. That words starts running through my head. Love. Is how I feel for Jude. Love. The thing that I haven't told Jude yet. "You haven't said it yet, have you?"she asks me and I snap out of my thoughts. "What?" "You haven't told Jude that you love him yet, have you?"

I hesistate for a second before finally telling her no. "I haven't told him yet." She nods her head silently then looks at me. "You do though right, love him, I mean?"she asks me and I automatically nod my head. "Yeah, I love Jude."

Jude's pov

I hear voices whispering and I wake up, but I keep my eyes closed. "You do though right, love him, I mean?"I hear my mom ask. What is she talking about, and who is she talking to? "Yeah, I love Jude."I hear Connor whisper and it feels like my heart stops beating. Love.

Connor loves me.