chapter 15

Connor's pov

I head over to Jude's apartment at 7 in the morning because he said we're leaving at 7:30. I told Jake that I'm going to visit my dad for the holidays, and he believed me.

I knock on Jude's door and he answers a few seconds later. "Hello Connor."he says and kisses me. "Hey, are you ready to go?"I ask. "Yeah, let's do this."

We drag our suitcases out to his car and sit them in the back. "Roadtrip!"he yells and starts the car. Then we head off. We had to leave early because we live in San Francisco and his home is in San Diego. So it's going to be about an 8 hour drive. Brutal.

"My dad lives in San Diego."I tell him. "Really?" "Yeah, I used to live there when I was a kid."I answer. "Yeah, me too."he says and we laugh. "Alright, this car ride is too silent, we need some music."he says.

He starts playing cake by the ocean by DNCE (btw I love this song, you should totally listen to it)"Really?"I ask him. "Hell yeah, this is my song!"he yells. He starts singing along to it and I eventually join in.

"I keep on hoping we'll eat cake by the ocean."The song ends and we start laughing. "I love that song."he says and I nod agreeing with him. "Hey."he says after a few seconds and I look at him. "Are you nervous?"

I think about his question for a few seconds then I answer him. "Um...a little bit, should I be nervous?"I ask him in a serious voice. "Not really, I mean my moms are really nice and so are my sibings, but fyi my house will be utter chaos, especially in the morning so be prepared."he says. I laugh slightly and nod. "Ok, I'll keep that in mind."

"Good, now let's listen to some more music."