chapter 17

Jude's pov

We all pile into the family car. Me and Connor sit in the very back together while Mariana, Jesus, Brandon, and Callie sit in the middle area.

"We're going shopping after we eat."Mom says and we all say 'ok.' I get out my phone and start scrolling through twitter. "Wanna take pictures with me?"I ask Connor. "Sure."

He turns fully facing me and brings his feet up sitting criss cross, I lay my back against his chest and lay my feet out across the seats. "Ready?"I ask and he nods. We both smile and I snap the photo. "Oh my god, I look awful!"I say laughing and show him the photo. "You look fine."he says but I shake my head.

We make funny faces and I take the photo. "Look at your face."he says and we both start laughing really hard. "You look like an alien."he says barely being able to choke it out. I punch his shoulder lightly and laugh loudly. "I do not."I tell him and then look at the picture.

"Holy crap, I do."I say shocked. After a few seconds of silence we start laughing again. Connor grabs my phone and holds it up. "One more."he says. I lean in and kiss him then pull back once I hear the click noise. I grab my phone and look at it.

"Aw, this one's good."I say and send it to his phone then I put it as my lockscreen. I look up and see everyone looking at me and Connor with smiles on their faces and I just now notice that we're at the restaurant. "What?" "Nothing."they all answer at the same time. "Alright then."I say.

We all get out of the car and head inside the restaurant. While we're eating, the waitress keeps flirting with Connor and I become extremely jealous. "Don't worry Jude, I only have eyes for you."he tells me and kisses my cheek.

"Aww, I wish I had a boyfriend."Mariana says pouting and me and Connor laugh. "I'm so sorry that you're living the single life."I say and everyone starts laughing.

When we go to leave the restaurant, the waitress who was flirting with Connor asks him if he wants to go out on a date. Connor politely declines while I give her my level 10 bitch face. If looks could kill, she would be dead.

"Alright, lets go shopping."Mama says and we all hop in the car. This is the perfect opportunity for me to buy gifts for everyone. Yes, Christmas is tomorrow and I am just now buying gifts for everyone. That shows you how irresponsible I am.

We get to the store and immediately head inside. "Alright, we all meet back here in 20 minutes ok?"mom says and we nod. "Alright, break."

We all head off in different directions and Connor comes with me. I end up buying Mariana some make up, Callie a bracelet, Jesus a skateboard, Brandon a music book (because...you know...I didn't know what else to get him), moms matching necklaces, and Connor a locket. Of course, I made him leave when I got his present.

Once I have it all bought and bagged up, I take it to the car so no one will see what I bought. I meet Connor back inside and we just look around. "Look at this shirt."Connor says pulling out a plaid shirt. "It's nice."I tell him.

"Yeah, how much longer do we have?"he asks. I look down at my watch and notice that we only have about a minute left. "We need to head back."I say. He grabs my hand and we walk back to the meeting spot. Everybody is already there and they all seemed to have bought something."Ok, everyone is here."Mama says and we go back to the car.

"Lets go."Mom says and pulls out of the parking lot. Today was fun.