chapter 12

Hey sorry I haven't updated in a while but here is chapter 12. I can't believe that Jonnor is over :'(

Jude's pov

I've been at Connor's since last night. We've literally been sitting here eating pizza and talking. We were watching The Walking Dead earlier but I got tired of it. "So what was high school like for you?"Connor asks me out of no where.

"It sucked for the most part but my mom was the vice principal so it was alright, plus I was a total nerd."I answer truthfully, because you know, I was a nerd. "Your mom was the vice principal?"he asks. "Yeah, she still is, just not mine anymore."

"Why did you say you were a nerd?"he asks genuinely confused. "Well I read so many books during high school that you could've filled a library." I tell him and he laughs. "Why do you read so much?"he asks. I shrug because I'm not entirely sure why either.

"I guess because I just like to, it takes you to another place where you can just escape everything that's going on around you."I respond. "And sometimes you read a book that fills you with this evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book."

He looks at me with a slight smirk and an impressed look on his face. "What?" "Did you make that quote up?"he asks me. "No it's from 'The Fault in our Stars."I tell him shrugging. "Well I'll add that to the list of books that I've never read."He says.

I laugh and look down at my watch. "Oh crap, I have to get home."I say standing up from the couch. "Why?"he asks. "I have to go and get ready for work."I answer. I walk over to the door and am about to open it when I feel him grab my waist and spin me around. He leans in and kisses me for a few seconds then pulls back. Leaning his forehead against mine, he says "Bye boyfriend."

Smiling, I peck his lips before saying, "You are such a dork." He smiles and kisses me one more time before dropping his hands off my waist. "Bye."he says and I wave at him. "Bye." I walk out of the building and get in my car. Then I head home.

Connor's pov

I smile and close the door after Jude leaves. I can't believe we're dating. I never thought I would be dating Jude. Hell, I never even thought I would be dating a guy. I go and sit on the couch, and not even a second later Jake walks through the door.

"Sup."he says shutting the door. I look at the time and see that it's only 10:30."Hey Jake, what are you doing here I thought you weren't supposed to be back until later today?"I ask him confused. He shrugs and says "Well we woke up earlier than expected and there was nothing to do down there so we came back." I nod my head,"But that still doesn't answer why you are here."I say

"Right, I came here to give you this back."he says and hands me an all black hat. I look at him confused before saying "Um...this isn't mine." "It's not?"he asks. "No."I respond. He grabs it and looks at it like it's something from another world. "Then who's is it?"he asks and I just shrug my shoulders.

I smile after I shrug because Jude shrugs a lot. I just can't seem to get him off my mind. His eyes, his smile, his hair, just...him. "Why are you smiling like that?"I hear Jake ask and I jump out of my day dream. "Like what?"I ask. "All dopey."he responds.

"You know...reasons."I say nervously and he looks at me confused. "You're acting weird."he says but then shrugs it off. "Did anything interesting happen while I was gone?"he asks looking through my refrigerator. Oh something interesting happened alright, but I don't know if I should tell him. I mean me and Jude are officially together now so why not?

"Hey Jake?"I say and he looks up. "Yeah." Right when I go to tell him I realize that I don't know how he's going to take the news. He looks at me expectantly and I just blurt out "Did you have fun?"he looks at me for a second then answers. "Totally, it was so much fun we..." I drown out his voice with the thoughts In my head.

I'll tell him about me and Jude eventually, just not yet.