chapter 13

Jude's pov

After work I head home exhausted and irritated. This one woman ordered iced coffee and tried to return it because she said that it was too cold and 'coffee shouldn't be cold.' Like, da fuck? Why would you order iced coffee if you didn't want it to be cold? It's called iced for a reason.

I walk into my apartment and lay down on the couch for a few minutes. After a while my phone starts blaring and it's Mariana's ringtone. "Hello?"I say answering the phone. "Hey Judicorn."I hear a second later and I smile. "Hey Mariana."

"So...how are you?"she asks me. "I'm fine, why?"I say. "No reason, just wondering, anyway when are coming back down to San Diego?"she asks. "Oh crap! I forgot that Christmas is in 2 days, um...I'll probably head down there tomorrow."I tell her.

"Alright well, everyone's already here besides you so I was just wondering when you were coming."she says. "Yeah, well... I'll be there tomorrow."I say. "Ok, and hey maybe you'll meet someone cute when you come back."she says and the smile drops from my face. Connor! I forgot about him, and I haven't told anyone about him. Not even Mariana.

"Hello, Jude!?"I quickly snap out of my thoughts. "Huh?"I ask confused. "I said that I can't wait to see you tomorrow."she says. "Oh, I can't wait to see you too."I tell her. "Are you ok...you're acting weird."she states. I'm not acting weird. I don't know what she's talking about.

"What are you talking about, I'm not acting weird."I say. "Alright...then...I'll see you tomorrow, love you Judicorn."she says. "Love you too Mariana, bye." I say and hang up the phone. Our conversation got me thinking. Where was Connor going for Christmas and who was he spending it with? He never told me anything about his family so I don't know where he's going.

I take out my phone again and call him. After a few seconds he picks up. "Hey Jude."he says and I smile brightly. "Hey Connor, do you wanna come over?"