Ch. 11- stage 2 begins

-WARNING: Mature content if you read I'll let you know when it's about to start if you want to toon out.-

Eric's POV

Today is the beginning of stage 2 of initiation. I still can't believe Ari kissed me. I know she believes I hold no feelings for her because I didn't return the kiss, but that's far from true. I was so shocked. It feels wrong because technically it's legal, but people will value me as a weaker person.

If I submit to love people will think they were wrong about me, and that I'm capable of caring. I don't want them to think that. I prefer not to feel anything, but with Ari I can't. She makes me come alive. She reminds me of the old me who was kind, fragile, and abused. I think that's why I also get angry with her, because she reminds of a time where I was helpless, and couldn't get away from my demons. She makes me remember that know matter how hard I try not to I'll always care about something or someone.

That someone is her. I get ready to go the the simulation room. I'm watching the Dauntless born's fears. That means I won't have to be with Ari which makes me feel pain and relief. Pain that I won't get to see her, and relief that there won't be no awkwardness between us ,since I don't have to see her. Once I'm dressed I walk to the simulation room.
...

Ari's POV

I wake up and get dressed knowing exactly what day it is. It's the beginning of stage 2 of initiation. I can't say that I'm not nervous because I don't exactly know what to expect. I mean all we've heard about it is it's the emotional part of training. Hopefully I can get through it without anyone discovering in Divergent.

After I'm dressed I wake Chris and Tris up. Once they're up and ready we walk to the cafeteria to get breakfast. Soon Will and Al join us. We talk and eat, and before you know it we all have to agree we're done eating. Although if given the option all of us would've stayed there forever. We slowly walk in silence to the simulation room.

All of us are nervous because like I pointed out before we had no clue what to expect. I was the best at hiding my nervousness though. We finally arrived and we sat down in the waiting room while Four explained what was going to happen. After his brief explanation he said Molly was up first. Apparently Eric was administering the Dauntless' simulations.

After awhile there's only five of us left. This girl from I don't know where goes, and then it's my turn. That leaves only Will, Chris, Tris, and Peter left. As I entered I looked around, and spotted the camera just like I have with all of the areas around the Dauntless compound. Four gestures for me to have a seat in a dentist looking chair.

I slowly sit down. He then proceeds with informing further on the process of the simulation. He tells me that they show my fears, and that I shouldn't be aware in them. He gives me a look that the people on the surveillance wouldn't find suspicious, but I know what it means. It means that I can't be reckless and expose myself.

He then tells me that once I lower my hear rate I'll be out of that simulation. He then tells me the average fears for most people. Well sadly I'm not like most people. He then injects me with the serum, and says it'll be a minute before the serum takes effect. After s minute I loose consciousness.

I wake up, and see that I'm in a big field. At first the sky is clear, and sunny, but then dark thick clouds roll in. It starts raining, and hailing. I look around every where for a place to hide, but I see none. Then I quickly start panicking.