Ch.7- A Brand New Wall

Ari's POV

So I haven't seen Eric around lately I'm starting to get worried because he hasn't been at training. What if he found out about me and is going to turn me in to Jeanine and her faction of psychotic smart asses. I know that sounds harsh, but I know what they're capable of. Maybe I should see if Four knows anything about him, and what faction he's from. So I wake up for training and head down to the designated training area. Once I get there I see Eric and Four. They look like they're arguing. I don't want to intrude, but I need to know some valuable information. So I listened in.

"I know you've taken an interest in a stiff. Don't let it effect your teaching or there will be consequences.," Eric threatens Four

He must be talking about Tris because she's the only transfer from Abnegation. Why can't he just leave Tris alone. She isn't as weak as he believes her to be. I know because I've been training with her in my free time. I don't notice Eric coming towards me with Four trailing behind him.

"What are you doing initiate? Thinking it's okay to spy on people, well you've got another thing coming.," Eric says dangerously close to my face  

What has gotten into him?

"I'm sorry I didn't want to interrupt what looked like an important conversation SIR.," I say the last part with a snarl

"Well since you're here early go look at the board and see who you'll be fighting today.," he says smirking at me 

That actually makes me gulp in fear because for one I don't know what has gotten into him, and second he obviously thinks whoever I'm facing is going to win against me. Yesterday I beat Molly, so I hope I don't have to face Peter because even though I got a few hits on him during the initiation he wasn't prepared. So I don't know if I could really beat him in an actual fight. I walk over to the board shakenly and I see my name next to Edward. He beat Peter yesterday. That sick bastard. I was starting to fall for him more and more, but I find it sickening that he wants me to be beat up that badly. I just stare at the board and see that Christina has to go up against Molly. Today Tris isn't fighting anyone. I  feel bad for Chris because I don't know if she's strong enough to beat Molly. I'm just hoping they'll be okay. We don't need her dying with me. I seriously don't think I can beat Edward. 

-Time Skip to Edward and Ari's fight-  

I'm really nervous. Four tells us to get in the ring.

"On the mark.. get set.. fight.," Four yells

He runs at me ready to hit me so I duck and take both of his hands and twist them together. I know he's in pain, but I can't let him have the upper hand because once I let him have the advantage he'll have me out cold in a matter of seconds. So somehow I slam him onto the ground. He lets out a slight scream of pain. I untwist his arm and slam myself down on him. He seems to get tired of me having the advantage because he starts to fight back stronger and stronger. Soon he has me on the ground and he slams my head into the floor. My eyes are dazed and I'm really dizzy. I try to defend myself and fight back, yet he is persistent enough to where he slams his foot into my stomach. I cough up blood, and I know it's over. I'm to weak to continue, but I know I can't concede,so I give up.

"Please Edward just end it.," I plead

He realizes he let himself get carried away so he looks at me with regret before he kicks me in my face and that's all I can remember.

-Later on-

Ari's POV

I wake up in the infirmary for the wounded Dauntless. Most of my body aches. I can barely stand the light, and I have to keep myself from throwing up. Not that I have much to throw up considering I didn't eat today. I don't see any of my friends like Chris, Tris, Will, or Al. Yet I see him. The guy I can't stand with every fiber of my being right now. He gets up from the chair he has been sitting in for lord knows how long.