A walk in the park

You get dressed and go downstairs, followed by your beautiful new cat who you already adore. You walk into the kitchen and see a stack of presents on the kitchen table. Its a small stack and normally you would have said something like, "Thats a small pile" but not today.

Your dad is sitting at the table reading the paper and when he hears you at the kitchen door he puts his paper down and embraces you in a BIG hug. Your mam is standing next to the chair he was in and laughs at you. "Come on then, open them." You smile at her knowing that, already, this is the best day of your life. The first one is a bright green collor which you put around your cats neck, it even has a little bell on it and it makes her look adorable.

The next is a little light. Your mam explains that if you shine it on the floor the cat will chase it and demonstrates. The last one is a bracelet with a little keyring: a wooden cat. You look at your mam and dad knowing that all this must have cost a fortune and they both dont have that much money. You hug them tight.

And another present. Although this time its not an object. Your mam explains that this cat is a special cat. You think, "Haha yeah everyones pets are special" but your mam then says that she has been trained to follow you when asked and also does a few tricks. Shes like a little friend.

Your dad, knowing you want to get out of the house says, "Why dont you take her for a walk in the park? And think of a name while your at it, we cant just call her 'cat' can we?" You laugh and head to the door and as your mam said, she follows you.