Me and the Black Keys

The ride home was silent.
Baz kissed Velvets forehead as he got out of the cab, disappearing into his building.

Velvet won't ever be the same.
Hell we won't ever be the same.
All we can do is help her paint a new protret.
And all I hope for is that I'll be in it.

Boy, wasn't I wrong...

Velvet was going to be okay. It's just time.
Later that day, i sat in the studio alone.
Like I use to as a kid, when mom had a concert to attend to. Thinking  back at it makes me lean towards the secret room just under the stair case. Harry Potter would of loved this one. If he had painted his nails black and casted spells on groupies. I'd read that version anytime.
Shelves full of records and CDs, we use to play when we were happy, sad, angry.
Whatever we felt like, just a place to chill and get away from it all you know.
Any emotion we could block out by the sound of music were in these walls.
I chose to play the album, Weight of love, by the Black Keys, Lying there on my back against the dusty, cold floors. The sound of the voice, the guitar, the story. Drowned every problem of mine as I lye there, on my back in day dream.
It was just me and the black keys.
By the time the record started skipping, I sighed as I put the record away.
Why dose every song, every album, have to come to an end?
Why do they cast spells on our hearts, to make us feel behind the voice of the story?
Why leave us in a void or despair?
I would ask myself this, but the thing is I don't have to wonder why.
I already have my answer.