Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 1

One

    Taking a huge breathe, I sighed heavily. An arm draping over my shoulder giving me a little squeeze. “Don’t be so down Hope. We have the whole summer open to us to buggy or butts off.”

    I leaned my head on his shoulder as we started over to the area when knew where his parents were waiting for us. “But Marek and I were going to go to Hawaii for the summer. Now that we are split, I’ve only got Virginia Beach. The VB is nothing compared to Hawaii.”

    Franklin frowned as he rubbed my upper arms. “Don’t think about the what ifs right now okay. Just get your feet again. This time you’ll be standing taller without a guy there next to you. Come on girl power!”

    I giggled. “Dork!”

    He laughed. “That’s right. And this dork is going to make you forget you ever had a boyfriend to begin with.”

    Another huge sigh of sadness. “Do you think I was too hasty to break up with Marek?”

    Franklin shook his head. “I agreed with your logic. You needed to take time for yourself and understand yourself even better before you’re with someone.” He stopped us and shifted in front of me. Wiggling his eyebrows, he looked very devious. “And you know I’m very much available to even use as a rebound guy. You could lead me on then dump me.”

    I pouted. “I’d never do that to anyone and you know that most of all.” Shaking my head, I walked around him. “You’re my best friend. You will never be a rebound guy.” I looked over and smiled at him as he jogged to catch up and drape his arm again around my shoulders. I snaked my arms around his waist. “I like how our relationship is right now.”

    “Ohh... You just said we’re in a relationship...” He wiggled his eyebrows making me laugh and smack his chest. He held me tighter laughing. “We’re in a relationship.” Franklin started to sing over and over before we hit the main area with the shops.

    My eyes welled up when his parents came into view. But it really wasn’t them that had been on the verge of tears coming down. There standing next to them was my big brother. His worry face with that caring smile was making me choked up.

    Slipping out from Franklin’s arm, I rushed over to my brother. He instantly opened his arms and embraced me in a tight hug. One that said that he was there for me from now on fully as a big brother. I could feel his caring for me and his concern that I was alright. He knew what happened and his body was telling me he wanted to make me feel better.

    I buried my face in his chest and let myself cry. Soon two more sets of arms wrapped around us. I knew it was Franklin’s parents by the presences I was getting from them. They wanted to help me too. They wanted to comfort me with my brother.

    After a few minutes Franklin’s parents guided us away from the main area and toward the baggage claim area. My brother Roderick keeping a hold of me and Franklin taking my other side for more support. My legs felt a little shaky and was so glad that I had them to hold me up.

    At the baggage claim terminal, I frowned and looked at my brother. He shrugged because he didn’t think that was for me. Looking at the Masters, they shook their heads too saying they had no clue either. This was puzzling.

    With a sigh, I walked over to the chauffeur looking man holding a sign that just said Lund on it. He smiled at me. “You must be Hope.”

    I tilted my head to the side. “I am. How do you know me?”

    He reached into his pocket and withdrew an envelop handing it to me. “I was sent to give you this.” He chuckled. “Normally I’m just a chauffeur, but my cousin asked a favor of me last week and this was it.”