transfers

Be Dave Strider==>

You kept checking all the hunter websites you could, hoping to find anything on the mythical level 4.
"Dave, put the phone down. There is no level 4, so stop looking." Your brother, Dirk said; annoyed at your obsession with them.
"But, Dirk, seriously, this one site said that they look just like humans! We could be walking right past 'em every day and not even know it! And this other site said they look human normally, but if they get mad they change into something like a level 3. The long ears, sharp nails, sharp teeth, tail, and their eyes glow whatever color their eyes are!" You said to him a bit excited. You happen to love a challenge.
"David Elizabeth Strider, they're nothing but a folktale you would tell young hunters to scare them. They aren't real! That's why you can't find any solid info on them. There's no such thing as a class 4 demon, so drop it already!" He snapped at you. Dirk was cranky because you guys had just gotten back from a hunt. You and your brother were demon hunters. You took this life up after your older brother, Bro, died. The hunt took longer than it was supposed to. It lasted nearly all night and unfortunately, today was a school day. You were a bit more energetic than Dirk because you ate some candy with your coffee.
"Okay, fine. Go ahead and be like that, see what I care." You huffed before realizing something and turning back around to face Dirk. "So... The transfers are coming today..." You said, making your brother look up at you.
"Are they? ...Well... That's cool, I guess... Strange though. Weren't they supposed to get here next week?" Dirk asked as he sipped his coffee. And how do you know this?" He added making you smile.
"I took the liberty of sneaking into the principal's office to steal their files." You said with a smirk. "The oldest one is 18 and is named Jake English. The youngest is John Egbert. He's 16. They moved all the way from from Washington. Why they moved here is unknown... Maybe they're hunters like us? Says here that they've moved from 9 schools so far.They spent just around a year at each one. 2 of the schools are in Europe!" You said laughing a bit.
"Maybe they are, maybe they aren't... Either way, I don't care." he said finishing his coffee.
"What? You're not happy? You can have new meat to fuck and dump." You said glaring at him. He just shot a glare back before grabbing the keys to the car. He went to his room to get his bag and a quick goodbye to his creepy robot thing, Hal. "Let's go, Dave." Dirk said, closing his door before heading out the front door. You grabbed your bag and slipped on your shoes to run out to the car. As you went to open the car door, your brother drives up a bit so you couldn't get in.
"....We are NOT doing this today." You growled before grabbing the door handle and hopping in. Your brother just laughed before driving off in the direction of the school. During the car ride, you pulled out your cellphone to do more research on level 4 demons. You had tried almost every hunter website out there, and they all had little to no information on the myth. A hunter you and Dirk had saved a few months ago from a nest of level 2 demons told you about this old website he uses. He'd told you that it's a bit out of date because the information was all gathered and put onto the site the second computers were made, but the information itself was hundreds of years old. The outdated information did lead to him almost dying, but it was worth a shot, right? You type in the URL before your screen went red. Then the web page opened up.

Www.*******/web/**.com

'Why's the web name blocked out?' You thought but decided to ignore it and search in the myth of a level 4. To your surprise, a whole separate page came up.

'Myth of the Level 4'

Many hunters and civilians had different stories of a kid that looked completely human but had a spine chilling look in their eye. In 1819, many also recounted stories of attacks done by a small child with emerald green eyes who attacked them for their blood. The boy looked human until the blood hit his tongue. Descriptions said he grew a arrow point tail, long teeth, nails like blades, glowing green eyes, and pointed ears.

The myth states the level 4 class travel in pairs. The oldest one is the strongest one and the wisest. The younger one will act much like a teen; rebellious and naive, making them the most dangerous one. Their normal form looks like an ordinary human being. They have specific magic skills, depending on what they are. They are immortal beings.

Long ago, a hunter voice taped himself cut out the heart of what he thought was a level 3. A headshot or heartshot will kill a level 3. Then man talked about when he pulled the heart from the green eyed level 3, it turned to dust. He then set the body on fire. In the recording, you could hear the man gasping at what you could only imagine. He screamed about how it was growing back. How the bones that were burnt grew back its organs and muscles.

* link to the recording *

You got curious so you pulled out your headphones from your pocket before plugging them in. You clicked the link to the recording.

~~start recording

Man: " It's so sad that a small child like you had to be turned into a level 3, but i will release your soul"
* there is bone cracking and cries of pain in the background *
" your heart is so small... I could almost pop it with my hand..."
* the man laughs a bit*
"1......2.....3 "
You hear what you could only imagine was the man pulling out its heart. It made the most bone chilling snapping pop.
"What the...?! The heart turned to dust, but.... The body is still..... Ah, whatever."
*You hear foot steps then a metal container that has liquid in it being dragged on a concrete floor. Then the noises of something splashing a few times*.
"I've always loved a good fir. Best part about this job..."
*The sound of a match striking came from the tape, then the whoosh of the flames sparking up*.
"Your soul is free now..."
*the back ground is the fire cracking*

Unknown:" sŐųL? I HĄVĒ ŅŐ SOŮL"
*You hear a kid's voice that went deep and cold then the snapping of bones again.*

Man: " W-W-WHAT! NO NO I TOOK OUT YOUR HEART! HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?! I BURNED YOU TO THE BONE! JUST WHAT ARE YOU!?"
* you hear the man scrabble to get something then you hear him scream *
" YOUR ONLY HALF BONES, HOW ARE YOU WALKING?! ...oh....oh god help me....."

Unknown : "That's right, old man... You can see my organs growing back with the muscle and the my skin... No head shot or stab to the heart can kill WHAT.CANT.BE.KILLED!" There was one final snap of a bone before the tape cuts out.

~~~ end of tape

You sat there for a moment to take in what you just heard. You decide to put your phone down. It was good timing, because that was right as Dirk pulled up in front of the school. You let your brother park before getting out. "H-Hey, bro... I want you to listen to-" You were cut off by someone running into you almost making you fall. They did happen to fall and you look down to see a kid with jet black hair and ocean blue eyes. They were holding their nose on the ground.
"Oh! I'm so sorry, mate. My cousin here is very clumsy. He was just excited to meet new people." Another guy came over. He looked about Dirk's age. He also had black hair, but he had emerald eyes, with the same color for the frames of his glasses. He picked the other boy up off of the ground "We are terribly sorry." The one with green eyes said before taking the blue eyed kid away into the building.
"Wow. This is going to be such a GREAT daaay." You sighed, annoyed now. Your brother just laughed at you as he walked into the school. You both went to class to find the two boys from earlier sitting in the back, only a seat away from where you and your brother had been assigned to sit. The older one was on his phone, playing a shooting game. The one who ran into you was face first on the desk, sleeping. You just sat down next to your brother as the bell rang, making people flood into the classroom so they are not late.

History sucked so much. You just sat back and thought about the recording you listened to this morning. There were so many questions in your head about it. You turn to your brother. "Hey. Dirk. I have something for you to listen to." You said handing him your phone and headphones. He shot you a warning glare. "Just shut up and listen to it. All of it." You said before pressing play.
As your brother got more curious of the tape recording, you started to notice something. You looked over at the two new kids. The blue eyed one was leaning on the green eyed one but... He was purring. The boy with big blue eyes was purring. Before you could think about it, your brother tapped your shoulder and handed you your phone back. "Maybe you its-" He was in the middle of talking when you cut him off by saying
"...that kid is purring."