3 - When You're With the Right Person, You're Going to Be Alright

***And we are back. I still DON'T proofread. I apologize for the long wait but hopefully the updates will be a little more constant after I finally finish Birdgirl. I changed the hotel room setting, only realizing that Camila was supposed to be in a fancy suite for Heron. And please, please, please DO NOT read the parts where you're not supposed to read. Thanks.

It was strange.

Camila was oddly peaceful.

She felt as though she was where she was supposed to be as her body gently jerked along with the bus cruising through the infamous Las Vegas Strip. And for once, there was nothing but the low growl of the engine and hushed chatter inundating her ears.

Her feral, untamable thoughts were at rest.

Camila leaned against the tinted window at the very last row of the bus. By the way she was positioned - slouching and raising her folded left leg to occupy the empty seat next to her, it was as if she was at the comfort of her own home and that she was a typical couch potato.

Her gaze had been trained down on the foreign ring around her finger while her mind leisurely replayed the events that transpired not too long ago. Camila was not aware of the smile that exploded very gradually upon her tingly lips at the beginning of her musings; meeting Lauren and ultimately holding her hand while they waited for the bus they were on. Of course, she could not forget the kiss in the middle.

With a memory like hers, Camila would definitely remember that day - very fondly, at that.

Don't get her wrong; Camila still hated wearing jewelry. Even if she was developing a mad crush on Lauren, the snug fit wasn't as comfortable to her but it didn't bother her as much just because it was Lauren's, and it was strange that that reason sufficed.

And of all the strange things that rattled her day, the eeriest would be the fact that she was complacent. Camila had never been complacent. Normally, there would have been chaos in her being in reaction to the new feeling but it felt as though a tranquilizer had been injected through her veins.

It could have been because she was in Las Vegas or because she was away on a mission. But the more accurate answer that she was not quite willing to explore just yet was that it could have been because of Lauren.

Lauren.

The thought of the slightly older woman already stirred Camila's emotions, jumpstarting her once untraceable pulse. She wasn't quite sure what it was about Lauren that intrigued her; she just knew that her body and spirit reacted to her, and that Lauren is extraordinarily beautiful.

Camila never really glanced at the woman, who was a front of her. She was just a couple of seats away; four, to be exact. She feared that if she looked, she'd end up staring like a creep - drool hanging out the side of her mouth and eyes forced out of their sockets.

But Camila dared to and for a long moment, all she could hear were the piercing screech drilling her ears and the uncoordinated drums of her heart.

Camila was in awe of her beauty and the grace that people barely see amid the veil of hair that seemed to always be in the way. Sure enough, wispy strands of deep brown locks riddled Lauren's fair skin and gracefully flowed with every movement of her body. It was such a shame that Camila could only see a silhouette, the outline of her face.

Lauren's insecurity was shining in her posture; from her bowed head, slumped shoulders and her fiddling hands.

And right then and there, Camila decided she would change Lauren's perspective of herself because her infatuation wasn't ordinary and she didn't see an end in sight. It was certainly going to lead somewhere, an uncharted territory she was frightened to map out with the threats of uncertainty.