2 - Foundations of a House, Supposedly

Camila spent a good couple of minutes briefing Lauren on her game plan, which was essentially "you go in first and I'll follow after a couple of minutes, and we will wing it from there." Obviously, it wasn't a fool-proof plan and being the sarcastic organism that she is, Lauren had concerns to raise, which Camila addressed one by one by saying, "we'll figure it out when we get there."

She, at least, said that with utmost confidence.

Camila almost always came prepared and other times, she wanted to experience the sheer thrill of the whole ordeal and that was one of them. It was a simple enough goal and the possibility of having casualties was slim to none. But when Lauren insisted that they at least figure out a couple of things about each other - something that would solidify that they were actually associated prior to that day, Camila finally relented with a childish groan and a stomp of her very hot boot-clad feet.

"Okay," Pensively, Camila nodded; poking her tongue out to drench her lips. She pursed her lips and looked up to connect her gaze with Lauren's deeply concerned green eyes. "Things I instantly need to know about you if we were ever intimate."

"I cuss like a sailor and it bothers most people - especially my family. Chocolate does not appeal to me; do not make the mistake of offering me some. I can only cook eggs and maybe soup in a packet. And I like the left side of the bed." Lauren answered, eyes fixated above as her features crumpled while she persistently explored things that stood out to most people about her.

Camila somehow celebrated that Lauren didn't quite enjoy chocolate as most normal human beings because she, too, could not necessarily indulge in its supposedly intoxicating decadence. The blasted things make her head hurt; somehow electrocuting her from within while compressing and expanding her skull in the process.

Truthfully, she found the four little snippets of information to be quite endearing. She didn't mind that Lauren couldn't cook; she could compensate for that - she was an amazing cook. She made sure to store every single one in her memory but made sure to put special emphasis on one thing.

Lauren liked the left side of the bed and she did, too.

There's no reason Camila can't start liking the right side now, is there? Nope, there definitely isn't. In fact, she was going to start that night. What she was doing; she didn't know. She was just aware that she was already infatuated by Lauren.

There was only a couple of very rational reasons in her head and mostly, she simply concluded that she was just being a girl...with unreasonably farfetched, fairytale foresight.

Have you ever looked at a person for the first time and immediately imagine a future with them?

Well, in that moment, Camila was definitely trapped in a fantasy where Lauren was hers.

However, in another completely illogical explanation, which pertains to her heart, Camila had a soft spot for people who needed help. And she found that she loved taking care of them; especially, the girls she dated.

Essentially, she loved to feel needed and Lauren needed her. That was just about the only equation that made sense.

And yet, Camila could not figure out why she had been thinking about cohabitation with a girl she just met not even an hour ago.

It was official. She was going crazy.

It's Mandy's fault, Camila concluded immediately. Everything she felt towards Lauren was because of Mandy and her frustrations over her inability to stop her marriage. She just could not admit to herself that she may have developed a teeny tiny bit of feelings for Lauren, in a completely unrelated way.