Chapter 7

“How could you destroy us?” He laughed and he stopped when I looked at him.

“I have no family, no mom, or dad, not aunt, uncle, grandma, or even a pet. Everything I hold dear in my life dies.” I could feel the tears swelling up in my eyes and my heart started to weep for my father. I could feel my hands shaking but then they stopped. I looked and saw Blake holding my hands still. Finally I let my tears fall. It had been so long since I last shed a tear. I kept them bottled up for so long it was hard to stop.

====

Blake’s POV

My heart hurt for her and I, neither of us had families. She barely knew me but was willing to spill her life out to me. I felt a ping in my gut when I saw her cry. No beautiful face like that should ever have to cry these many tears. I was holding her hands because she looked like she was going to start convulsing if I didn’t hold them still. I felt her pull away and frowned as she wiped her eyes. But instead of standing up she leaned over and put her head on my chest.  “Thank you” she whispered softly making her sound like a child.

“Your welcome.” We sat under the tree watching the sunflowers move in the wind in silence. I could feel a warm spot on my chest where her tears had fallen. But then it got cool then hot, then cool again. That’s odd. I could hear her sniffle and I pulled her chin up with my finger and wiped the tears on her face. My finger went warm then cool, causing a numb tingling sensation. Clair needs to know about this. Maybe it can help us figure out why Jade is sending people for her.

We stayed until I heard a light snoring sound. I picked her up and carried her to her room. I gently laid her on her bed pulling the sheets she had over her. She cried so hard her face was red around her eyes. I started to walk out of her bedroom but decided I’d go through the bathroom that way I could check on her as she slept. I left her door open as well as mine. I laid in bed listening to her and casually smelling every scent the came thru our doors. She smelled like an ocean breeze with flowers. I was going to have to talk to Clair about what happened, and hopefully it could shine some light on our problem.

====

Thea's POV

I couldn’t believe I wasted that whole day. Remembering what happened at breakfast then in the fields. Great! Along with everyone hating me Blake must think I’m a total baby. I got out of bed still wearing my clothes from earlier I walked to the bathroom I looked in the mirror. I didn’t look to bad surprisingly; I looked at my eyes and yup sure as hell the changed again ever since I was a child every time I cried my eyes would change color. Today they were a deep ocean blue, not blue like the sky like they usually were but they were much darker. They looked beautiful, so I added some make up and walked out to look for everyone. I heard laughing and talking coming from down the hall so I followed it. I stopped in front of a large room where everyone was watching a movie. “Hi guys” that was about the only thing I could say. I still felt guilty and sorry for what happened it just was a surprise.

‘And Anya if your listing I’m really sorry and I hope you forgive me, oh and just so u know I think it’s kind of cool you can do that.’ I tried sending her a mental note and I knew she received it when she smiled.

“Why don’t we make some room for Thea so she can enjoy this too?” Anya motioned everyone to scoot over. I grabbed a seat next to Isabel and I smiled at her but she looked less interested in what I had to say but I was going to say it anyway.

“I’m really sorry I offended you. I just wasn’t expecting it, well I wasn’t really expecting ANY of this” I laughed. “I also want to tell you I think they’re absolutely beautiful and I had a few questions like; Do they change color? What is it like to fly? Oh and-“ She hugged me so tight I thought my eyes would pop out.