Chapter 2

Recap

“Yea $700 every night I dance and that’s not including tips or hourly for training either.” I said.

“HOLY SHIT GIRL, your ganna be banking like crazy. You took the offer right?” She looked so funny when she does her money dance it was hard not to giggle.

“Not yet I want a lawyer to look it over.. I don’t want to be screwed over.” I looked at her knowing very well she disapproved.

“He doesn’t have the balls but I understand.. Well I’ll see you tomorrow.” Then she was gone. And just like that I was alone in the dressing room.

===============

I sat there in front of my vanity in the dressing room. My room was a good size and I shared it with Tara and Eva. Each of us had our own vanities, they each had a large mirror with a black and red border and there were large bulbs attached to the borders. Tara’s Vanity was always clean and tidy, and Eva’s was a pure disaster. Mine however wasn’t clean and wasn’t dirty. Things that I needed were out and in their own place while everything else was put away. I stood up and walked over to my closet to grab my clothes so I could change and go home. I took my robe off and put it on a hanger.

‘KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK’

“Who’s there?” I put my robe back on and walked to the door.

“Just dropping off flowers.” A voice called through the door.

I wish I didn’t have to answer but you always have to sign for flowers it’s quite a pain really. I opened the door seeing a beautiful bouquet of all colors of snap dragons. “OH my god. There beautiful. Who are they for?”

“You actually, unless you don’t want them?” And then the man I danced with earlier peeked out from behind the flowers. He had dark short hair and muscles that made your mouth water, and not to mention his blue and gray eyes that where so beautiful you just wanted to touch them.

“Cole, how did you…”

“I know Carlos he says you hate roses and the only flowers you didn’t throw away where Snap dragons. So I figured you deserved some.” Silence filled the room then he cleared his throat “I didn’t mean to bother you…”

“Oh no you didn’t I was just changing then going to get some food.” I interrupted. “Those are absolutely beautiful, may I?” putting my hands out offering to take them.

“I can put them somewhere if you’d like. There kind of heavy.” He chuckled.

“Sure, over here is fine.” I motioned to the coffee table clearing off my COSMO magazines. “Thank you for them there my favorite kind.” I said as straightened my robe.

“Why snap Dragons if I may ask?” he looked at me one eyebrow raised

“Well back home we had them everywhere and when I was extremely little my mom showed me this…” I grabbed one of them in my hands, “If you put one finger on each side and slowly make a pinching movement it looks like a dragon opening and closing its mouth.” I did it and a tear almost came to my eye. I don’t talk of my mother often she was murdered or we think. I haven’t seen her since I was 5. I quickly made a fake yawn and wiped my eyes to cover it up. “Sorry about that is been a long day. So how do you know Carlos?”

“I actually own this club, but Carlos manages it because I travel.” he smile smugly.

“Oh wow I’ve never seen you here before I just thought you were a new ‘VIP.’ Wow I feel stupid.” I said as I blushed.

“Don’t feel stupid I was actually coming here to let you know that Carlos didn’t want a business proposal I did and that when you’re able we can get together and discuss it.”

“Oh”.. Really Oh was all I could say. Has trying to ask me out and I couldn't even form words. “I mean yea of course its just tomorrow is another party and we have training during the week so I don’t know when is a good time I’m sorry.” I said trying to recover from my inability to talk to him like a normal person.

“Oh don’t be sorry on my account. But since you mentioned food would you mind if I took you out for something to eat before you head home?” he asked while I looked around the room unable to meet his gaze. Sure I'm starving but he is the manager and not exactly appropriate but then again I did grind on him so that way past inappropriate.

“Sure let’s do that I just have to change…” I finally met his eyes and he smiled.

“I’ll be outside when you’re ready.” I watched him as he walked out and closed the door.

I rushed to change and I grabbed my clothes realizing all I had was black yoga pants and a tank so I started rummaging through Tara and Eva’s clothes hoping to find something that didn’t scream, I never date. Well it's true, I don't but I don't have to look like it. It seems like all I ever do these days is work. I love my job sure but my love life was lacking. Sure I had Eva and Tara but they were busy most of the time. I grabbed the yoga pants and put them on then I put Tara’s boots over them and then put my bra and tank top on and took one of Eva’s stylish corduroy jackets and pulled it on. I didn’t look amazing but I was just thankful I didn’t look like a mess. I started walking to the door took a deep breath and walked out.

“You look great.” His smile slightly made me melt inside.

“Thank you I just kind of threw it together. So where shall we go?” I looked at him hoping he had an answer because I was just going to go to McDonalds.  

“Well seeing as its almost 3 am lets go to a café, I know a few that serve at this time.” He smiled and offered his elbow out so I could loop my arm around it. And I did, it would have been rude not to. We walked though the building enjoying small talk about shows we enjoyed or music we listened to.

"Well hop on it wont take long to get there." He handed me a helmet.

"Umm I've never.. um been on one of these before." I said as I took the helmet.

"We can call a cab if you'd like tha...."

"Oh no no that's fine I was just surprised. I figured you'd be driving something like a..."

"A Maserati? No I'm more of a truck or bike man. And New York isn't all that truck friendly." He chuckled.

"I'm a truck girl myself." I stated as he smiled. I strapped the helmet on then looked at him. He got on and looked back at me.

"Looks great. Hop on, and hold tight." He helped me up and got situated. "It maybe a little loud at first." I nodded and grab a hold of his jacket. "Wrap your arms around me, I won't bit and you won't fall off." And so I did I wrapped my arms around him feeling every muscle on his sides and his stomach was hard like a rock. I couldn't help but blush and just then he turns around, "You ready?" I nodded in response.

He started the bike and then we were off. Everything looked different, seeing the world go by you fast and not be in the shelter of a car. I watched as all the buildings and trees passed by in a blur. Then we stopped. I held my mouth open and looked at him. "The only thing I thought was open, is that ok?" he looked slightly worried.

--------------------------------------------