Piano Man - Chapter 20

Începe de la început

I sat on the cot with Nour brushing out my hair, when Nour finally brought up the topic of Noah and I.

“So you and Noah are dating now?” She asked curiously, also getting Shaiyena’s attention on the subject. Who was applying some green goop to her face. I was never really a girly girl nor was I a tomboy, I guess I was just me.

“Yea” I nodded biting my lip slightly. “He asked me out and gave me this necklace, which is actually how I figured out that the guy at the bar was my dad”

“He was so excited to give it to you” Nour beamed. “He’s so sweet, to you at least. He must really like you” she explained. I couldn’t help but blush as all the attention was on me and that was something I wasn’t really use to. I tried changing the subject to Shaiyena.

“What about you and Robby?”

“He’s nice...”Shaiyena smiled weakly finally turning away from the mirror and facing us. She was so naturally beautiful that even with her hair tied back in a messy bun and her face covered in something the same colour as guacamole.

“Nice?” Nour interjected. “I saw you two snogging earlier today, you have to say he is more than nice. Plus I mean have you seen him?” Nour gushed. Ew. Robby was not attractive, maybe changing the subject was a mistake.

“I mean he’s great” Shaiyena sighed “But I think you two are forgetting things.”

“Like what?” Nour asked. That was Nour for you she was never afraid to say what was on her mind, she wasn’t rude about it either though.

“Like Robby and Darcy are from North  America” she stated looking at me. “They’re just visiting for the

summer, and at the end they’ll leave and go to America.

“I live in America too” Nour stated. “ I live in LA”

“So you aren’t aren’t going to fall in love with some boy from Ireland that you will never be able to see, right?” Shaiyena asked. “It’s the same with Robby and I, and Darcy and Noah, the summer will end and so will we.”  I sat there in silence and then finally spoke up.

“Well what if my dad and mom get back together, and we move back here or to England. That’s way closer than Canada” I explained.

“Darcy... Do you really think you mom can forgive your dad?”

“She could”

“Do you really believe that though? I’m not saying this to be mean at all. I am just saying isn’t that the reason why you haven’t called her yet, you’re afraid she’ll come back and yank you away from him.” Shaiyena theorized.

“Shaiyena!” Nour exclaimed.

“It’s fine” I added before Nour could go on. “She’s right. I’m going to go to bed now” I smiled as I closed my eyes and laid down, pulling the comforter up to my face and turning away from the girls. I didn’t want to think about leaving Noah, or any of the new friend I had met here. I also didn’t want to have to think about my mom finding out that I tried to find my dad and despite her best efforts of trying to stop me, I actually succeeded in finding him.

I smiled thinking to myself, how I stuck with my guts and I did eventually find my dad. I’m no longer that girl that lives in the shadows of her dad’s disappearance and has to wonder why he left and if it was my fault. I finally had answers all because I didn’t give up, and Noah’s help too. It was hard to believe that downstairs in the mixtures of voices and laughters that there was my dad’s and that after fourteen years  four fifth of One Direction were reconnecting. I knew that Louis was hurt by his disappearance and that my mom would probably react the same as Louis if not worse. So if we could get past Louis’ visit and seeing my dad, then there was hope that my mom would forgive him too.

I knew I didn’t tell my mom I found my dad because I didn’t know how she would react. I needed time to look at different angles and find a way to ease her into it. I had it all planned out in my head, I’d find a way to make my mom and dad fall in love again and seeing how in love they use to be it shouldn’t be that hard, right?

A/N: I'm trying to update this as much as I can with it still being good quality, and long enough chpaters so that it's more then one page. I'm sorry if I don't update it enough or regularly but I am trying. In the mean time I do have other stories...

Double Standard: If you love frat boy Niall... this is the story for you

The butterfly effect: If you love a tad bit of mystery, friendship and liam payne. Check it out

All I want for christmas is Lou: Larry. Enough said.

Too Early to Disappear: I if you love love, humour and are prepared for an emoitonal rollercoaster, as well as Harry styles you might like it.

Annabelle: A mystery story with harry as the main character, a jocky liam, band geek Niall, druggy zayn, funny Louis and just lots of mystery check it out!