Chapter 35

I sat silently next to Enid in the watchtower. Carl had gone down to the pantry to pick up granola bars for lunch. Enid shifted in her seat and opened her mouth to speak. I put my hand up and slicked it back in a zipping motion. She nodded and looked back out the opening. I stepped out the doorway and took a deep breath. The air didn't smell like wet wood like the inside of the watchtower.

My dad went on a run with Paul, or Jesus, as they've referred to him, Maggie, Rick, and Daryl. They were going to check out a place called the Hilltop. I didn't trust Jesus, but Rick did and he's the leader.

Carl walked back in and sat down some granola bars. I picked them all up and could only find chocolate chip. I looked up at him and he shrugged. I threw them down and slid my bag out from under the chair.

I pulled a jar of peanut butter out and popped the lid off. I grabbed the spoon that was sitting in the jar and put it in my mouth.

A few hours later I headed back to my 'house' to clean up. I changed my jeans and tank top. I pulled on a pair of leather boots and my sweater. I pulled my hair up into a ponytail. My survival bag was tied around my leg with my knife tucked inside. I started the short trip to Aaron and Eric's house.

"Rhylee, welcome." Aaron greeted opening the door.

"Thanks for having me." I smiled, until I turned the corner and saw Carl and Enid. "You sly little bitch." I glared at Aaron.

I turned to leave only to feel a firm grip on my sweater.

"Sit." Daryl pushed me toward a chair.

Guys this story is almost over. If you want me to make a sequel then vote or comment.

Thank you!