Chapter 32

+Hours after finding Sasha and reporting back to Abraham+

The sound of leaves crunching under my feet was the only thing that drowned out the moans of the walkers chasing me. I ran into the building only a few more steps ahead of me and flung the door open. Carl slid in past me, Enid following after him. I slid through the door collapsing onto my back. Enid shut the door and bent over placing her hands on her knees.

"We ran at least ten miles. Maybe more." I noted, taking deep breaths. My stomach hurt more than it had since the incident.

"Hopefully we don't have to kill any walkers in here." Enid panted.

Even with the stomach wound I still ran faster than the two of them. Enid was slightly faster than Carl but neither of the two were slow. Enid had the only other gun so Carl went through the door first. We also didn't want him causing anymore trouble.

"What the hell were you thinking? They didn't know we were there." I hollered at him.

"We could've taken them out. You two just weren't prepared."

"You don't even have a gun. You have a knife, Rhylee had six rounds, I had twelve. There are least fifty of them. Which one of us was supposed to take out thirty two of them with knives? If there was fifty. There may have been more!" Enid threw her hands up in frustration.

"We need to find a back door, skylight, something to get us out of here without going through the herd. How many rounds do you have?" I asked Enid.

"I'm down to six. You?" She replied.

"I've got one left in my gun. We should find more ammo while we're here. Maybe a gun for Carl."

"Enid and I came here all the time before you showed up. There isn't any ammo or guns here." Carl answered.

"I think I have a map." I dug through my survival bag. I pulled out a map. "We started here and ran south. The building we're in has to be here there's no other building's I'm this direction before this one. This is Blake's Goods. If he Blake really had goods he'd have guns. And ammo. If I'm right then we ran fifteen miles south. If we run another five miles southeast we can get to a weaponry. First we need to find a way out."

I slowly stood up and headed for the back of the building. I searched for a door to get us out and headed in the right direction. I scoffed, "No way out back here."

"Up there." Enid pointed to the ceiling.

There was small hole about the size of her arm. I knew we could get out through there. We just have to break through the ceiling more. The only thing was, how do we get up? There was a pipe that climbed the wall to the hole.

"We can't get up to it." Carl responded.

"We can. I can and I can get you guys out too." I ran over to the wall and jumped a second before I would slam into it. I grasped the pipe quickly and placed my feet on the bar around it. I flipped up and kicked my foot through the ceiling. It broke and the prices crashed to the ground. I flipped up and grabbed hold of the ceiling around the hole. I pulled myself up and rested on the roof of the building. Enid was standing under the hole.

"How do we get out?" She called up.

"Grab that rope behind you and toss it up." I called down to her.

She tossed it to me and I unraveled it and dropped the end down. She tied it around Carl and I started pulling. His head had become visible on the roof. He put his hands on the roof and pushed up. The roof broke under the pressure and he slipped. "Shit!" He grabbed the rope. "Fuck!!!" I started to lose my grip. I let go and stepped on the rope. Carl was dangling and a big crack was forming in the roof. I regripped and pulled him up. "Jump over!" I told him. He jumped over the rail on the roof and grabbed the ladder he ran to the back of the building. I jumped back through the hole and boosted Enid up. The hole had expanded and she could grab the railing. She pulled herself up and over. I grabbed the pipe and pulled myself over. My hand connected with the railing and I pulled up. I felt a hand grab mine and I screamed and pulled back. I dropped back to the floor of the store. Enid popped over looking startled. I laughed and started over. She grabbed my wrist and we worked together to get me over the rail. Enid and I climbed down and met Carl at the back.

"What took you so long?" He asked.

"You broke the roof. We had to get out."

"You did some ninja shit back there, Rhy."

"We need to go." I hurried them along.