"Elijah Rivers is Pronounced ..."

My heart was pacing as I was making my way to the court room.
"Do I have to do this?" I asked my mom as I walked in.
"If you're uncomfortable than you can leave right now and just go home" my mom said.
"I can't. I gotta get Elijah locked up" I replied
"Then I guess we're staying here" she started playing with my hair.
Before I knew it, the judge was calling me up to the stand.
"I swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth" I went up to the stand.
I sit down in front of everyone. Elijah gives me a harsh look. My heart dropped at the sight of him. His arm had a big patch on it from where I stabbed him, he had a black eye and he barely recognized him. He looked scary.
"What happened the day Elijah came to your house?" They asked me.
"Well I called him to come over cause I knew he killed Kaylee or I think he did...so he came and I started confronting him calmly and-"
"SHE'S LYING!! SHE WENT OUT AND YELLED!-" Elijah yelled at the judge.
"It's her turn Elijah" the judge calmed him.
"And he started yelling at me. He got so mad and I got scared. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a steak knife to defend myself...he started to run after me and I remembered that there was a door in the living room that I could run out of and just get out of there but the door was locked and grabbed me and wrestled me to the ground and he was looking for the knife and I saw it and I almost had it but he grabbed the belt on my pants and dragged me back and I was struggling" I stopped. The memories were too painful. Tears started to stream down my face. "Sorry" I muttered. "So anyways, I stabbed him the arm after struggling to get the knife. I ran up the stairs to get my phone and call the police and after I did he caught up to me came to my room. I got my perfume bottle and planned to spray in his eyes if he tried to hurt me again. He tried to choke me again like he did when I was on the floor in the living room and...I got away and he grabbed my arm.
I told him to let go. He took one look at me that I've never seen before. He said "ok" and I fell and everything was black."
"So you're saying he was trying to kill you?"
"Yes" I swallowed hard.
"As Elijah shown any other violent behavior before?"
"Yes. When he was trying to find evidence in the house where Kaylee lived. He wanted to make sure he was still innocent" I told them.
"Interesting" the prosecutor nodded.
"I object!" Elijah's lawyer stood up.
"Elijah had football practice at 6:00 the day Kaylee died so he had to leave at 5:30 in order to make it so if he was in the house for an hour after the scream that was heard at 4:35. He wouldn't have time" he provoked.
"Liar!" I hear Ida scream from the audience.
"I was home when then this happened and the scream happened at 3:45 which means he had plenty of time! He killed Kaylee and I know it!" Ida screamed out.
"Ida Simons would you like to take the stand?" The judge asked. Ida nodded.
She told everyone what happened that day. She told me everything she was saying. Elijah kept giving me the death stare the whole time.
I tried to ignore him so he could stop.
I started to think of the time when we fishing at my old house.
Elijah!! Look at my fish I got!!" I ran up to him with what I thought was a blue gill. I didn't know anything about fish.
"Isn't it pretty?" I asked him. It had pretty blue scales and it was shiny.
"Yea. You gonna keep it?" He smiled. He was a skinny tan boy with cameo shorts and a green shirt.
"No! It needs to live" I told him. The fish was still wobbling.
"Well I'll take the hook off for you" he told me. I handed him the fish.
"You wanna release it?" He asked.
"Yes! Thank you very much" I take the fish and set it free. The fish hurried up and swam away once it's body hit the water.
"Have you got anything?" I asked him. I was full of pride now.
"Uhh...no" he admitted.
"Hahaha...sorry that's so bad. I can't believe you haven't caught anything." I tried not to laugh.
"Well..."
"What if the fish don't want to come! They need to be cheered on! I'll make up a cheer!" I smiled.
"FISHIES FISHIES! ITS OK! ELIJAH WILL FREE YOU!! FISHIES FISHIES!! COME ON OUT!!" I threw my hands in the up in the air.
"DONT BE AFRAID!! FISHIES FISHIES!! COME ON OUT!! YAY!!!" I laughed.
Elijah couldn't concentrate, he was laughing too hard. He was still reeling in his pole.
"ELIJAH!!  YOU GOT ONE!!" I screamed.
"Oh! It's huge! It's so hard to reel in" he complained. I got up behind him and pull him forward so he can get the fish. He keeps reeling in.  He finally gets the fish.
"Blue Gill" he smiled.
"Isn't it pretty?" I asked.
"Yea. You wanna set it free since you helped with your cheer and all?" He laughed.
"Yes! It'll be my pleasure" I nodded. He took the fish off the hook.
"Go free Flounder!!" I yelled.
"Flounder? You named it?" He asked.
"Yes! He's a special fish. I cheered for it. He's brave" I smiled.
"Yes he is" he smiled back.
He leaned in closer. I thought he was gonna kiss me. I was eight years old and I wasn't allowed to kiss yet.  I close my eyes and lean in. Elijah was my first kiss.
After that we shared an awkward smile and continued fishing together.
Tears streamed down my eyes at the thought of an actual good memory. I wish this wasn't happening. My mom started to comfort me when she saw me crying.
"Elijah Rivers is Pronounced..guilty for the murder of Kaylee Woods" the judge protested.
I stood up and looked at Elijah. I couldn't believe this. Elijah gave me his death stare and then it went away. Tears streamed down his face now. He made me  feel bad for him. He was a bad person but a part of me still felt bad for what was happening to him. I don't know why. He's done a number of bad things to me.
Mona and Alison run to hug me.
I couldn't help but cry more. Mona and Alison even had tears going down their faces.
But at least Kaylee can rest in peace now.
********************************************
Authors Note
The end!! I hope you liked it!!