More Secrets Revealed

Sunday night was an actual night when I didn't have nightmares. I sit in my bed Monday morning with my headphones in my ears blaring Fix My Eyes by For King & Country, my favorite song. All of sudden, the music stops and my phone starts to ring, it was Elijah. A smile sweeps across my face as I slide to answer the call.
"Hey" I say as soon as I put the phone to my ear.
"Hey....can I come over?" He asked.
"Uhh...I guess..is everything okay?" I asked noticing the nervous tone in his voice.
"Yeah..uhh, okay...bye" he says anxiously.
"Bye" I say basically to myself. He hung the phone so fast. The way he spoke on the phone made me worried.
30 minutes later
There was a knock at the door so I rushed out of bed.
I open the door and saw Elijah standing with tears streaming down is face. My heart dropped at the look of him.
"Hey...Elijah why are you crying?" I ask right away.
"I'm sorry...I just- I need to go in that house again" he breathed heavily.
"What! Why!" I almost screamed.
"I just need to okay!" He yelled.
"Okay...come in...sit down" I told him.
"I-I...okay" he stepped in as I went up stairs to change. My mind was swirling around and I didn't know what was going on. Elijah was here and he was telling me all these things that didn't make sense. I've never seen him cry, so there must be something wrong.
I hurry around my room to look for something random to wear. I was in my Ron Jon Surf Shop i got from Florida last summer. I was also had on my turquoise and white striped robe. I took off the robe and pulled some blue jeans on and took my hair out of the ponytail and combed my hair. I grab my shoes and went down stairs.
I found Elijah in the living room staring out in a daze. "Okay let's go" I told making him snap out of it. He raises up and we walk out of the door in silence.
"What's wrong Elijah? You really need to tell me" I say finally while walking up the hill.
"Uhh..." That's all he got out.
"Elijah I don't want you to lie to me" I added.
"I-I'm scared" he studdered.
"Why?" I ask.
"People think I'm the one who killed Kaylee....they've been investigating for years now and they've been questioning me a lot more lately" he said.
"And?..." I asked.
"They have a lot of evidence against me that look bad" he added.
"Oh...I know you're not the killer" I blurted out.
"How'd you know anything about this?" He asked surprised.
"Alison and Mona talk" I told him.
He nodded in understanding.
"So what are we going to the house?" I asked finally.
"I wanted to see if there was any prove that I wasn't the murderer" he told me.
"Okay" I nodded.
I went up the porch and stood there for a long time like he was unsure to go in. He had his hand on the doorknob and turned it slowly.
We walked into the  house. I knew the house didn't have anything to back Elijah's innocence up, it was completely empty.
He seemed determined once we started walking around. I got scary vibes in this place every time I walked in.
"Elijah...why were you crying earlier?" I asked him, stopping him from walking any farther.
"I was just scared to go to jail for something I didn't even do" he told me.
"Okay...just wondering" I said.
We walked up the stairs with no hesitations. Elijah wasn't saying much. I heard footsteps that were coming from the kitchen down stairs. My heart thumped out of my chest. I tapped on Elijah's shoulder.
"I hear something" I said with fear.
His eyes darted to down stairs where the noise was. I hear a sink running in the kitchen. Fearful, I stubble over Elijah.
"What's wrong?" He turns around.
"I hear the sink running now" I told him.
"It's probably in your mind now come on" he said. Elijah was not being himself today.
"I heard what I heard now let's just leave okay!" I pleaded.
"Not yet now stop being a baby and come on!" He yelled back. He made me jump in fear when he raised his voice. In all the time I've known him he has never yelled not once at me or anybody and I didn't want him to start now.
I heard footsteps getting louder as we got closer to Kaylees bedroom. I tried to ignore the sweat going down my face and my heart wouldn't stop beating of my chest. I didn't want Elijah to yell at me again.
We walked into the faded pink room. The bed frame still in the same spot. I look at the blood stain. It looked fresh now. I swallowed hard.
"Elijah we gotta go now please!" I pleaded again.
"No hold on!" He yelled again.
"You know what! I don't know what's wrong but I'm leaving right now" I yelled back. I turned around and ran out of the door.
"GRACIE! You can't leave! GRACIE!" Elijah's voice echoed along the walls. He was running after me, trying to get me to stay.  I ignored him. I was running down the stairs and he grabbed my arm. "Let go!" I yelled. He wouldn't break me free.
"ELIJAH THERE IS NOTHING HERE TO BACK UP YOUR STORY! THIS HOUSE IS EMPTY!" I yelled in frustration. I tried breaking out of his hand but he gripped me tighter.  "Elijah...You're hurting me" I said with tears trying stream down my eyes.
"Help me...you know I didn't do this" he said trying to be calm when there was obviously anger in his eyes.
"I'm not going to help you...cause there's nothing  to back up your innocence" I said while he was still holding me at the top of the stairs.
"Let go" I added.
"No...you need to help me" he said trying to pull me back into Kaylees room.
"No! Let me go!" I pull forward. "I said let me go!" I tried running. I tripped on something, making my feet slide off and down the stairs. Going down with a thud, my ribs started to throb in pain. I scrambled up to my feet and ran to the door. Turning the knob to escape.
It was locked.