The Old Town

Early June, before I started school as a sophomore, my parents decided to move back to where I grew up. I made new friends in California, moving back was hard.
Sure I had friends here back in Tennessee but what if they don't talk to me? I had mix emotions about their decision. For one, moving could be a good idea, going to my old friends, we fell apart after I moved. We used to text all the when I first left but after that, we drifted off. Me and Elijah used to talk everyday, after he found out I was going away, he tried everything to keep us close, but he suddenly stopped talking to me.
It'll be nice to see them. I've missed them more than anything. Maybe this year we'll be better.
We drive into my new neighborhood. The house was beautiful. Ranch style kinda of house, it was light blue with white window shingles. It was gorgeous. It was perfect.
I take a rest on our new white paint chipped porch. I stare out and see this old and creepy white house that stood on the hill. It was dark inside and completely empty. All boarded up, not even a "for sell" sign.
"Dad? What happened with that house?" I asked pointing to it.
"I don't want to freak you out but there was a murder there, no one will buy it, they're planing to tear it down soon. Too tragic to look at" he told me.
A murder? The thought made my heart drop. That house gave me the creeps. I heard things about that house and none of them were good.