Reunited

Our town had the best hamburgers and milkshakes diner. All the moving and pack was a bore. I decided to take a walk there. Hoping that maybe I'd see some people I knew from this town. Walking on the side of the street, I wanted to go be alone. I was 15 and I had my permit but I wanted to be a lone for now.
Walking into the small diner with my stomach now growling for a hamburger. The air was hot and humid. I pull my brown thick hair out of my brown eyes. My "Hakuna Matata" Lion King shirt was pouring with sweat, my short blue jean shorts we're no longer comfortable.
I scan the room as I walk to the counter, not watching where I'm going. I bump into a guy with a whole tray of food, ketchup splattering all over me, Fries going down my shirt, burger dropping to the ground. Splat the patty hits the ground. This guy must of been tall.
"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" I didn't look up. I was so embarrassed.
"It's okay" said the stranger I still even looked at yet.
I finally look up. He was tall, he had pretty green eyes, muscular body, tan skin, dark hair.
"Can you get a couple napkins?" I asked.
"Yeah sure" he walks away and comes back with a handful of napkins. Wow, he had big hands. He looks at me which makes me feel creeped out.
"Wait, do I know you?" He asked in his deep voice.
"I don't know, what's your name?" I asked him. He seemed to look familiar but I couldn't figure it out.
"Elijah but people call me Eli" he told me.
"Oh my gosh! Eli! It's Gracie!" I said getting so happy now have a big smile on my face.
"Gracie! Oh my gosh! You're back! You've changed, you're even more beautiful" he told me making me blush. Elijah would say things like that sometimes, it would always catch me off guard or make me blush. All I could do now is smile.
"And you! I didn't even recognize you" I told him.
"Yeah I know. I've been working out and all that good stuff" he told me now bragging about himself, looking like he was flexing his muscles.
"I can tell" I said trying hard not to look at his arms.
He laughed "would like to get a burger or something and sit down, with me, so we can talk" he said now being awkward and cute like the old him.
"Yeah sure" I agreed.
"What would you like? I'll pay" he asked.
"No it's okay, I can pay for it" I told him.
"No I insist" he told me "now what do you want?"
"Fine, i want a BLT and a milkshake and a water"  I told him.
"Okay then" he payed for mine and his.
We sat down in a booth. The diner was a 50s theme like Steak n'Shake but more original and different. This was my favorite place to go to when I was a kid.
"Have you seen Mona and Alison lately?" I asked him. Mona and Alison were my old best friends. We used to talk all the time. After I moved, we didn't talk any more. Mona and Alison both looked like models compared to me. Mona had beautiful long dark red hair with bright green eyes. Alison had curly long hair with blue eyes. They were supermodels.
"Yeah, they still call me Luke too" he told me. Luke was his nickname that we made up for him. My dad started calling him that, I really don't know why but it was funny so we went with it.
"Oh my gosh! Really!" I asked starting to laugh.
"Yes! Everyday they're like Hey Luke!" He told me.
"I love it" I said in between laughs.
He just laughed at me as he took a sip of his chocolate milkshake.
After we were done with our food we walked out. The sun with blazing in my face, I put on my embarrassing but cute daisy sunglasses.
Elijah looks at me with a smile "you look cute" he told me making me blush.
"Thanks" I muttered.
"Do you want me to walk home with you?" He asked me.
"No it's okay" I told him.
"No I will. I need to make sure you make it home safe" he told me.
"Okay then" we walked down the road in silence. I ran out of things to say, it was awkward.
"I'm glad you're back" he said.
"Me too. I missed you and my friends" I replied.
"I missed you too" he said shyly.
"I thought of you everyday" I told him. Accidentally blurting it out.
"I did too" he said with a smile.
"How long have you been back?" He asked me.
"Actually I just got back today" I told him.
"Oh. Cool" he said.
"Yeah"
"Yeah"
"Have you heard anything about any ghost stories in this town?" I asked him finally.
"Well there was one murder in this town but that's it" he told me.
"What happened?" I asked.
"A girl was home alone and a robber came in and killed her apparently" he said.
"What happened to the parents?" I asked.
"They moved away after that" he answered.
"Oh" I said nodding along.
We came to my neighborhood, he stopped at my porch and looked at me.
"I'm glad you're back" he smiled.
"Me too...we should hang out again, you still got my number?" I asked.
"Never deleted it" he told me.
"Okay...text me" I told him.
"Okay" before I knew it, he grabbed my hand and pulled me to him. He hugged me tight in his warm arms, he was strong.
"Bye" he let go and walked away.