Confronting Time

"Is that the last one?" Mona asked.
"Yeah" I nodded.
"You really need to confront Elijah now!" Alison said.
"I know" I agreed.
"I'm gonna go now" Alison raised herself up and grabbed her phone.
"Bye Gracie" Alison turned and walked out. I turn to Mona waiting for her to say the same thing.
"Do you mind if I go too?" She asked.
"No...I'm gonna ask Elijah over and confront him" I said.
"Good luck...do you want me to stay to back you up" she asked.
"I don't care...you don't have to" I told her.
"Well do you mind if i go? I'm a little tired. Call me if you need anything" she said as she walked out.
"Ok bye" I said.
"Bye" she yelled while going down the stairs.

I call Elijah as soon as she leaves. After three rings he answers the phone. Last time we talked he made me cry. It was weird.
"Hello? Hello?" Elijah yelled in my ear making me snap out my gaze.
"Oh hey...can you come over?" I ask right away.
"Uhh why?" He asked suspiciously.
"We need to talk about us" I lied. We needed to talk about Kaylee.
"Okay" he said confused.
A few minutes later I hear a knock on the door.
"Hey" I get the door and look at half awake Elijah staring at me.
"Hey..what do you want?" He asked rudely.
"Come in" I swing the door wider.
"Tell me what you want first" he raised his voice.
"I WANT YOU TO COME IN" I raise my voice back. He steps in finally and stands in my hallway with his hands on his hips.
"Elijah I need to ask you something" I started.
"What is it" he asked.
"It's not really a question but-"
"WHAT DO YOU WANT GRACIE" he yelled.
"You killed Kaylee...." I blurted.
"ARE YOU SERIOUS! YOU THINK I KILLED KAYLEE" he yelled at me.
"YES! That day! The day she died her neighbor heard you guys fighting and an hour later you came out with tears coming down your face. An hour is just enough time to clean up a crime scene! She heard her scream and then there was nothing but silence so there's a lot of evidence here so either you keep running from the police or you go right now and-"
"I DID NOT KILL KAYLEE!"
"THAN EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT HAPPENED THAT DAY!" I yelled back. He makes me so mad. I felt my face get red with anger.
"I took her home from school and we've been fighting all week since Valentine's Day. We were fighting and...I tried slapping her in the face cause I just got so mad. She screamed real loud and I was worried people would hear and think something happened so I we had a nice long talk about us and I we agreed to break up finally and I walked out" he told me.
"Elijah they found her dead in her room right after her parents got home from work. That's not long after you left. School gets out when? At 3:30. The school is not far from here, about a couple miles. You and Kaylee got home around probably 4:00. Her parents probably got home at 6:00. Which means that you guys fought for an hour and you're telling me that you guys "talked"and broke up. This really don't add up" I put my arms around my waist.
"You can think whatever you want but I didn't do it" Elijah gave me a cold look.
I was choosing my words carefully, I knew he had anger issues.
"You searched through that entire house with me and wouldn't let me leave until you found something to back you up. Sounds like a murderer wanting to cover his tracks" I provoked.
"I don't want to go to jail cause I didn't do it!" He yelled. "I CANT BELIEVE YOU! I KNEW
YOU MY WHOLE LIFE AND NOW YOU THINK I KILLED SOMEONE" he raised his
voice which made me jump back. I could feel my body shaking in fear.
"I find it hard to trust you anymore. I find weird that you wouldn't let me get out of that house. I find it weird that-" 
Before I could finish, his hand slapped across my face like a harsh wind. I cheek was burning as I stood there with tears running down my face.
"SHUT UP" he yelled out.
"How could you?" I sound like a little baby standing in front of him crying with my hand on my cheek as it throbs in pain.
He looks at me in disgust like he wants to do more than slap me.
"Is this what you did to Kaylee too?" I asked making him more angry. He tries taking a swing at me.
"DON'T!" I panic and start to run towards the kitchen to find something to protect myself.
He runs after me. He's stronger than me, faster than me. It's sad that Kaylee didn't have a chance to live just because of the difference in size and speed.
I grab a steak knife from the silverware drawer.
Trembling as I hold it, Elijah comes in the kitchen and tries to get me.
"STAY BACK!" I pull out the knife in front of me. "IS THIS HOW YOU KILLED KAYLEE HUH? DID SHE FIGHT BACK?" I screamed.
"How do you know if I killed her or not?" He asked in a tone I've never heard him talk like.
"There's a lot of evidence like I told you. People were already suspecting it anyways. You were on the list" I pointed out still trembling. Even my voice was shaking.
"How'd you get away with it? How did they let you get away with it? Walking freely around this town! It's unfair! You get to walk around and live while Kaylee died because of you!" I shouted. I was making him mad and his face was getting red.
"Everyone believes this face. You did, Mona and Alison did. Kaylee did" he answered.
"I don't believe that face anymore. You are not who I thought you were. Mona and Alison won't believe it anymore either after i tell them what you've done. When this gets out, no one will ever trust you. Hey, guess what? You already got me" I said with my voice still shaking.
"This won't get out if I shut you up" he stepped closer to me. I ran again. After the kitchen was the dinning room and the living room. I went straight for the living room where I knew there was another door where I could run to the police station and tell them I found the person who killed Kaylee. It was a big chance but I wanted to try it.
I made it to the living room. I tried opening the door but it was locked. The key was above the door. I reach for it but before I could his hand pulled me away from the door. I dropped the key. It dropped somewhere with the knife.
"ELIJAH NO!" I yelled "DONT DO THIS!"
I screamed again. My heart was pounding out of my chest as he pushes me to the ground and tries to look for the knife to kill me.
I spot from across the room before he does. I crawl to it before he sees me but I feel a hand reach of my belt on my pants as it pulls me back to him. He grabs the knife. This couldn't be how I die I had to defend myself. I had to live. He had to be locked up. Without thinking, I push him away. The knife gets thrown across the floor again. I crawl to it again. He grabs my foot and pulls me back.
"NO!" I scream. My fingers get the knife barely as it moves closer. He puts his hands around my neck. I feel the wind out of me get knocked out. Everything's a blur. I try to reach for the knife.
I grasped it and plunge it in his arm. I didn't have good aim. He drops down in pain letting me go. All the wind in me gets put back. I breathe heavily. I run as fast I can to grab my phone from my room and call the police.
"9-1-1" I whisper to myself.
"911 what's your emergency?" The lady on the line asked.
"There's someone in my house trying to kill me. Please come right away!" I yell.
"Keep calm. What's your address?" She asked.
"203 Pine Road" I told her.
"Okay the police are on their way. Please stay calm" she told me
"Thank you!"
I hang up the phone. My heart beats out of my chest as I hear loud footsteps coming up my stairs.