Hey Old Friends

I woke up the next morning with a loud knock on the door. My first thought was Elijah. I look at the clock 10:05 clock read. I ran down the old creaky stairs. So much on my mind, haven't even got a chance to tour this mansion. There was a big mirror in the hall, i
check my hair before opening the door.
To my surprise, standing in front of me were in fact, Alison and Mona.
"Oh..hey you guys!" I shouted in a shocked tone.
"Hey! Elijah told us you moved back so we came to see you" Mona said with a her same old friendly smile she always had. I missed her so much.
"Okay, I'm so glad to see you guys again!" I told them. I really meant it but they surprised me. Being right at my door, in the middle of nowhere, but I was so glad to see them.
"I know! So we were wondering if you would want to see a movie with us?" Alison asked. She also had that warm smile. Nothing has changed. They were still the sweet people I left.
"Okay! Just give me a minute to get myself ready! Would you like to come in?" I asked them.
"Yeah! If you don't mind" Mona said.
"I invited you. Come on" I told her opening the door a little wider for them.
"Woah. Nice place" Alison said. The house on the inside was just as beautiful as it was on the outside. Two stories high, beautiful white stairs, hard wood floors. There was so much more than that but it was so beautifully detailed that there was so much to go through.
Alison and Mona follow me up the stairs.
We walked into my room "I see you haven't decorated the room yet" Mona commented.
"How about we skip the movies and go shopping for your room" Alison suggested.
"Okay! Let me just get some money I've been saving and my moms credit card" I laughed a little.
"Okay but you gotta get ready too" Mona reminded me starting to laugh. I look down at my favorite pair of blue Old Navy sweatpants and my stained Simply Southern shirt.
"Oh...yeah" I said starting to laugh.
They went to my closet and started searching for something for me to wear. I turned on my straighter to straighten my hair.
"What about this?" Alison asked after what seemed like a while of searching. She had a white lacy, short sleeve blouse with my favorite pair of lavender shorts and my silver sandals.
"Okay!" They step out of my room while I change into my outfit.
"Ready for us to do your hair?" Alison asked cheerfully.
"Yeah" I told them.
**********************************************
Our first stop was lunch. My stomach was growling so loud that I think Alison and Mona heard it in the car. Mona had the cutest car, A turquoise  Jeep Wrangler. You could feel the wind in the your face as she sped along the highway. She turned down the radio and stared into the mirror.
"So where do you want to eat?" Mona asked me.
"I don't care" I told her.
"What about Mexican food?" Asked Alison. The thought of Mexican food made my mouth water. I haven't had Mexican food in forever.
"Yea I love Mexican food" I told them.
"We know!" They told me.
We pulled into the best little Mexican place in town called Fiestas. All of us used to eat there. Mona would always drive cause she's the oldest of all of us. She was 16 and me and Alison were 15.
We walked into the crowded place with bright colors. The walls were a bright orange, the ceiling at painting of stars, there were purple  columns on the walls. The booths were black and the table were the same as the ceiling. The chairs at the tables were purple. I always loved the environment of it, it was never too loud or too quiet.
"I'm really craving some chicken nachos" Alison told us as we walked to our table.
"Me too" I agreed.
"I want a some tacos or something just smothered in cheese dip" Mona admitted.
"Oh yeah!" I agreed sitting in the leather black booth.
Alison sat beside me and Mona sat in front of me. We scanned our menus silently. My stomached started to rumble with hunger again. Alison and Mona looked up from their menus and started to laugh.
"Tell your pet lion to shut up!" Mona said in between laughs.
"I'm trying! I just need food" I told them starting to laugh. Just as I said that, our waiter came to us with chips and salsa.
"He read my mind" I said.
"Mine to!" Mona said grabbing a chip.
After we ate lunch we headed to Target to look for things for my room.
Walking down the furniture aisle in Target, I started thinking of the girl that murdered in the house across from mine.
"Hey guys do you know anything a murder that happened a few years ago? At the house across from mine?" I asked finally. They stared at me wide eyed.
"Yeah...her name was Kaylee, she was a new girl at our school, we let her in our group, trying to get over the loss of loosing you, she was a nice girl, pretty curly long hair, bright green eyes, perfect skin. She was no you" Alison told me.
"Oh" that's all I could get out.
"Rumor has it that she still haunts the place..I don't think it's true but I've never been inside that place after she died" Mona added.
"Oh" I said still all I could get out.
"Apparently someone broke in when she home alone one night and killed her but some people say it was a crazy ex boyfriend or something" Alison said.
"Wow"
"I know right! I don't like talking about it, it's so tragic" Mona said.
"Oh I'm sorry I brought it up" I apologized.
"It's okay, it's good to talk about it sometimes" Mona said with a reassuring smile.
"Yeah"  I nodded.
We continued our shopping day, no longer talking about Kaylee.