Ch7: Splash parks & gaining trust

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Are we almost there?" Holly tugs on my arm. I laugh at her cuteness.

"Almost there Holly. Just like 5 more minutes."

I look behind me at Harry and I see and hear him laughing with the boys. I just heard him laugh. Oh my god. Let me tell you that his laugh is really cute. The way that his eyes scrunch up and he shows his dimples and his teeth. His smile. The way that he claps his hands while laughing. The way how his laugh sounds. Words cannot describe it. He looks so happy. And I am shocked that I just witnessed that. I look turn back around so I am facing ahead of me since I don't want to see his smile turn into a frown if he caught me looking at him.

"Skylar, are you okay?" Holly asks. I take a deep breath and give her a smile.

"Yes, I'm okay." I manage to say.

We turn around a corner and all the kids starts cheering in excitement. We reached the park. I smile that the kids are really happy right now. When we are inside the park and in the splash park area Elizabeth quickly makes sure that all the kids are here then allows them to go in the water. There are lots of sprinklers, and a decent sized, very shallow pool that goes mid-thigh for them. They all quickly take their clothes off and run into the water. I sit down under a tree and take my camera out. I asked their parents if it is okay if I take pictures today and they agreed if I post them on the website.

I see Elizabeth sitting on a bench writing on some paper and Harry is in the water with the kids. He is wearing a black muscle tee that shows off his muscles -oh my god he has biceps all right- and he is wearing black gym shorts. His hair is wet  making it straight and going all over the place. He is smiling and laughing with them and having a good time. I take pictures of the kids and some of Harry. I see Holly come out of the water and walking towards me dripping yet. I quickly turn off my camera and put it away so it doesn't get wet.

"Skylar, why aren't you in the water?" She asks.

"I was taking picture of you guys." I smile at her.

"Can you come in now? Please!" She grabs my hand and tries to pull me up.

"Okay." I laugh while getting up. I take off my flip flips and run into the water while holding Holly's hand. "It's so cold!" I yell. How do these kids tolerate the freezing water?

"You will get use to it." She pulls me by my hands and we go through the big hoops with water spraying from all angles. I laugh while wiping my face with my free hand.

Some other kids come towards me and we all run through the 10 hoops with spraying water. We are all laughing. This actually turned out to be funner than I thought. I look at the other kids to see what they are doing and they are with Harry in the small pool. When I look at Harry I already see him looking at me. I quickly look away. At least it wasn't a very intense stare.

Amy, George, Holly and Maddie run through the sprinklers. I suddenly see Maddie fall and I hear her cry.

"Oh no!" I quickly run to her and I see her knee and hands have scrapes.

"Oww!" Maddie cries.

"It's okay, it's just a scratch." I pick her up and walk towards my bag.

"What happened?" Elizabeth questions.

"She fell. I'll help her clean it." I put Maddie on the ground and she wipes away her tears with the back of her hands.

I wrap Maddie in my towel and I quickly get the first aid kit from Elizabeth. When I return to Maddie, Holly is sitting besides her.

"It hurts." She cries.

"I know, but it will feel better." I smile at her. I open my water bottle and rinse her scrapes with water. Then I carefully put some Polysporen and a bandage on top of the scrapes. "All done!" I give her a big smile. "Do you feel better?" She nods her head.