Ch7: Splash parks & gaining trust

I am so thrilled that my first fanfic 'It Starts Off with a New Student' has over 1k reads! I am so happy right now! Thank you to the ones who read it and if you haven't please check it out! You can click on my profile and maybe even fan me? *crosses fingers that you do*

LOL anyways here is capitolo sette (some Italian for ya)

P.S. I am reading the Maximum Ride series and I am hooked. Oh my god I cannot put the book down. I literally brought my book with me when I went grocery shopping with my family hahaha I really recommend reading the book!! So many plot twists that I wanted to throw the book at the wall lol but in a good way :)

-----------------------------------------------------

Chapter 7: Splash parks & gaining trust

"Yes, I have everything I need for work." I respond to my mum as I am sitting at the breakfast table eating a pancake with nutella on it.

"Okay then, bye sweetie. Have fun at work." She kisses my cheek and waves while going to the front door.

"Bye mum, you too." I wave back.

Once when she leaves the house I put my dirty dishes in the sink. I look at the time and see that it is 7:35, which leaves me with 5 minutes to spare. I grab my bag that was besides the stairs and look in it to make sure I have everything. Extra clothes, check. A towel, check. My camera, check. Sunscreen (because my skin burns easily), check. Phone, check. I walk towards the front door and look at the mirror on the closet door. I am wearing spandex shorts with a simple light blue crop top that says "Smile" on it with my black bikini under. My hair is down with a 'do it yourself' yellow bandana to pull my hair away from my face. I slip on my yellow flip flops and put my bag on before leaving the house. I lock the door behind me and walk to work.

This is going to be fun going to the splash park with the kids. It is nice for a change to go out with them to have some fun instead of staying inside that building all day long. And it is very warm and sunny today so that will be even better. But I am bit nervous to go to work since Harry is mad at me. I really hope he doesn't start to intensely stare at me again. I really blew it with Harry but I don't know why he got mad at me.

When I reach work I see the same thing I always see. Harry surrounded by kids, lets not mention him laughing and talking to them. When he looks at me, it really hurt to see him staring with his eyebrows furrowed and jaw clenched. I really don't know why it hurts, maybe because I got him to open up a bit towards me and now it is back to this. I look away from him and sit with the kids at the breakfast table.

It is now 12 o'clock and we are getting ready to leave for the splash park. We all ate an early lunch 40 minutes ago which was chicken wraps. During lunch, I decided to sit besides Harry again but when I sat down on the sofa he got up and sat with the kids at the table. That was like a punch in the face. I seriously don't know why he is so mad at me.

"Listen up, kids." Elizabeth gets their attention. "When we are walking to the park, always walk with your partner besides you and don't run off, capiche?" The kids say yes and we all exit the building.

Elizabeth is at the front of the line, I am in the middle and Harry is at the back.

"Are you excited?!" I ask Holly who is besides me.

"Yes I am! How long are we going to stay there?" She asks as we cross a road.

"Maybe for a few hours." I smile down at her.

I suddenly got the urge to ask her questions about Harry, like what he says to them that makes them laugh and stuff like that but I kept my mouth shut.