Ch20: True friends understand

Helllooooo!!! So sorry for my crappy chapter two days ago...I am really busy with school so it's hard to fit time to write. Hope you understand <3

Well here is the next chapter and more drama is cominnnggggg.

-------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 20: Real friends understand

I stay frozen in my spot, staring at Lily's house. Nervousness takes over me and I really want to run away but my legs think otherwise. I go up the steps of her house and stand in front of her front door.

I hesitate to ring the door bell or knock on the door. 

What if Lily hates me too?

What if she doesn't understand?  

I take in a deep breath and ring her doorbell. I play with the hem of my shirt and I keep shifting my weight on my left leg then my right. I hear footsteps coming louder and louder with each step they take. Soon enough the door is yanked open and I am greeted with the blonde headed girl.

"Oh, hey Skylar. Uh...want to come in?" She gives me a small smile to hide her surprised reaction that I am actually here right now. She opens the door wider and I walk inside.

"Thanks." I say quietly while slipping my shoes off.

I guess this is a good start since she didn't yell at me to get out of her property...

"Do you want tea or something to eat?" She softly asks.

We are acting like we are complete strangers. Lily is usually really enthusiastic and I would be really loud and hyper but right now we are really quiet and shy even.

"Actually, tea would be lovely." I give her a small smile. She nods then walks into the kitchen while I awkwardly walk to her living room and take a seat.

My leg wouldn't stop bouncing and I can't get myself to step fidgeting with my hands. I am so nervous! Will she understand? Does Charlotte really hate my guts?

But I also can't help but feel a bit upset. This is like how we were acting when we first met each other. We aren't acting like friends and it hurts.

"Here you go." Lily hands me a mug with tea inside. I hold it and Lily takes a seat on the sofa besides me.

"Thank you." I give her a small smile. She nods and gives a small smile in response.

I blow on the hot liquid then place it on the coffee table. I really can't stand drinking boiling hot tea and I don't know how other people can.

I decide to speak up since it is getting awkward here and I know Lily is curious as to why I am exactly here at the moment.

"Uh...I guess you want to know why I'm here right?" Really Skylar, that's what you say? My mind tells me. I am nervous, okay?! I shout back in my head...wow I am weird...

"Yeah." She quietly says. I look down at my hands that are peeling away my nail polish. I look back up at Lily to see her looking nervous.

"Well...uh...Yesterday, I got a few texts from Charlotte." I start off. I really don't know what to say. Before I knew exactly what I was going to say and now it is all blank.

"Oh..." She purses her lips and looks down at the floor. "What did she say?" Lily asks. I look at her with my eyes kind of squinted, analyzing her.

I genuinely think that she doesn't know the answer to that. Reading her facial expressions, to me it seems like she knows an idea of what it's about but she doesn't know what Charlotte said to me.