Chapter 40: The Road of Victory

Start from the beginning

There were four tunnels in the grotto they were in. There was an obvious sign that pointed to the tunnel that leads to the exit. Kimyona stood up and squinted at the tunnel where the rumbling was coming from. There seemed to be horned, rocky figures charging at them. There were about three of them. Kimyona's eyes suddenly widened. She kept her eyes on them and began to shake Sentoki.

"G-Guys," she stuttered," ONIX!"

Sentoki stood up and reached for Rambo's pokeball. From behind, Dinamika put his hand on Sentoki's. He looked up at Dinamika. Dinamika shook his head. He walked to the middle of the grotto and met with Charizard who was already there. Sentoki was still standing with his hand on Rambo's pokeball. He nodded very slightly. He sat down and waited for what the duo were planning on.

Dinamika looked down at his hands and remembered when he absorbed a Solar Beam. He growled and looked up. Charizard was watching Dinamika. Smoke emitted from his nose and they both faced the tunnel.

The first Onix came out and charged at them both with a Slam attack. Charizard flew in the air and Dinamika quickly dodged it to the right. Charizard came from behind and picked up Onix.

"Holy-!" shouted Sentoki as he stood up. Hikaru was mesmerized by Charizard's amazing strength. However, Charizard was actually having some trouble picking up Onix. All the time it took to take Onix off the ground gave it enough time to smash Charizard in the back with an Iron Tail. Charizard crashed to the ground. Dinamika quickly came over to check on him.

Hikaru stood up and was about to let Pichu go out and help.

"No! This is their battle!" urged Kimyona as she held her back. Charizard got up and brushed off his legs. He and Dinamika had a plan in their minds. Dinamika came in and bluffed with a Thunder Punch. Onix swung its tail around and tried to smash Dinamika as Charizard flew up behind it again. Dinamika quickly dodged it but Onix quickly followed up with Iron Tail. The came down onto Dinamika who managed to quickly shield his head. Dinamika was knelt down with Onix's Iron Tail trying to crush him. Charizard flew onto the wall and darted off it, grabbing Onix, and flying up. Dinamika's head fell down and he started to pant fast. Charizard flew in a semicircle around the grotto and then flew towards Dinamika, still holding Onix. About 10 feet away, Dinamika looked up and stood up. He then ran towards the dangling Onix, preparing a Dynamic Punch. Charizard let go of Onix and flew around to watch. Right before hitting the ground, Dinamika swung his arm with a Dynamic Punch and nailed Onix in the side of the head. Onix crashed onto the ground and the whole place shook.

Charizard landed on the Onix's body and roared and Dinamika did the same as a sign of victory. "That's one of them," noted Kimyona. She looked over and saw Hikaru feeling the ground again. "What's up?" she asked her.

"We must leave, now," she insisted.

"Why?" asked Sentoki in a cocky manner.

"The next one is bigger; we have to go!" she urged louder.

Suddenly, from the same tunnel the first Onix came from, there was an even louder roar.

"LET'S GO!" shouted Sentoki who darted for the exit tunnel. They shrugged in unison and followed him after. Charizard flew about their hands to survey and Dinamika was in front to guide their light.

Hikaru squinted and whispered," I think I see the exit!"

There was a faint light in the distance. Together, they all ran towards it, unaware of their surroundings. It turned out, it was only an Ursaring using Flash which was scared off. Charizard found some stairs going to another level of Victory Road. There were multiple paths again.

"Uhm, left. Go left," commanded Hikaru. They obeyed and proceeded into the left tunnel.

"This can't be the exit, let's try another path," suggested Kimyona.

They turned another way and were greeted by more aspiring trainers who were trying to make their way to Indigo Plateau. They battled past the trainers and were often met by wild, raging Pokemon. Suddenly, the ground began to shake and a stampede was coming. Ursarings, Onixes, Gravelers, and tons of other Pokemon came charging at the trio. Kimyona quickly let out her Arcanine and went ahead, looking for a way out, leaving behind a trail for Sentoki and Hikaru to follow. Sentoki got on Dragonair and Hikaru got on Charizard and followed Kimyona, trying to escape the ensuing stampede.

"I see light!" Kimyona shouted.

They all sped up towards the exit and saw a giant boulder with light coming from the other side. Arcanine's sudden halt made Dragonair and Charizard crash into Kimyona and Arcanine. Sentoki examined the boulder.

"This thing is huge. It's not just one big rock, there's a buncha layers. I'm gonna need you guys to hold them off. I'll take care of this thing," Sentoki took command. Sentoki swapped out with Rambo, Berserk, and Dinamika who immediately went to work. Kimyona and Hikaru's Pokemon were fending off the horde. Eventually, the massive amount of Pokemon died down and the layers of rock were destroyed. The gang recalled their Pokemon before another stampede was coming for the exit, just as fast and even more than the other one.

"We can't just let them out here! They'll cause so much havoc!" Kimyona said.

Sentoki let out his Blastoise and used Hydro Pump on the ceiling of the tunnel and rocks came crashing down, sealing the exit again.

"Problem solved," Sentoki withdrew Rambo.

"Now someone else will have to get through that stampede and go through what we did, really smart move Sentoki," Hikaru clapped.

"Oh well, we made it here anyway," they turned around and embraced the feeling of Pokemon League spirit filling the air.