Telling Him Big News [Pietro, Steve, Thor, Vision]

A/N: I will be going away from Thursday to Sunday, and I want to update all my works as best I can so there's lots to read before I go. As I was typing, the preferences got longer and longer, so, against my wishes, I have to break it up into separate parts.

P.S. Tread carefully. Don't jump to conclusions on what the title means. I've informed you thusly.

***

P i e t r o   M a x i m o f f :

"I...I don't understand."

"I'm sorry." You couldn't handle it anymore, the constant stress of worrying what was going to happen to him every waking hour, if he was going to come back from his ventures and missions wounded or even at all, if you were going to get a call in the middle of the night or an agent at the door, only to break down into tears moments later.

You couldn't handle waiting for him, because you knew in the future, you'll be waiting for him to die.

"I can't do this anymore, Pietro."

"No, please," he pleads, salty tears making their way down his face as he zooms to you, grabbing your hand and holding them on his cheek. "We can make this work. This will be the last one, I promise. And it's for good, we're helping the Avengers this time rather than going against them. We'll stop Ultron, and I'll come home to stay. I promise."

"Pietro, that's what you said the last time. It's just another empty promise." As you go to lift up your suitcase to turn out the door, he grabs it out your hand and runs it upstairs before standing back in front of you.

"Stop it—"

"Then don't leave. What do I have to do to keep you?" He drops to his knees. "(Y/N), please, I'm begging you...I'm more than in love with you, I can't imagine living without you in my life because you have become such a big part of it. Please, you're the only good thing that's happened to me ever since the bomb."

Shaking your head, you walk out the door. Just as his heart couldn't take the stabbing pain of each footstep you took away from the safe house, your heart couldn't take the emotional rollercoaster he put you under.

A week later, Clint knocked on the door, only to find the house abandoned and empty, just like your hearts.

S t e v e   R o g e r s :

"So that's it, then."

"Yeah, pretty much," you say, collecting the papers he had just signed, everything so close to being official.

"I can't believe we're doing this." You couldn't even stand to look at him right now, because you knew if you did, you could start to fall for him again. He was wearing his wedding shirt, the top few buttons undone, sleeves rolled up into a fold. Elbows rested on his thighs, his hands loosely over the other as they skimmed his mouth, trying to process what was happening.

Why he was losing you.

"Don't act like you don't know."

Steve looks up at you, tears brimming his eyes. "What?"

"You know exactly why this is happening, don't overthink it."

"I do, but—"

"Then that's it, end of story."

Now he finally knew exactly how you felt the day you found out. He hadn't come home that night. You were worried sick about him, calling his phone non-stop, contacting the other Avengers, calling Director Fury, Coulson, and Maria trying to locate the whereabouts and wellbeing of your husband. You expected to find him, and that Natasha did so loyally, but you never expected to find him in the bed of another woman, specifically Sharon Carter. Nat had run out the house and called you immediately, knowing that if she stayed in there, she would punch Steve herself in your behalf. Sheet around his waist, he had run after her, trying to take the phone away from her so he could apologize to you, knowing you wouldn't answer your phone to him; she punched him anyway.

Avengers Preferencesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें