Who Says "I Love You" First [Bruce, Clint, Tony]

B r u c e B a n n e r

"Bruce, I think we need to talk." From his raspy "okay," you knew his throat went dry when you whispered those words over the phone. From then you had scheduled to meet in the Helicarrier's lounge. That way, if he went green, there were other people to help you calm him down.

"Is everything okay? Are you hurt?" You shake your head, still trying to muster up the boldness to speak your next words.

"Where are we?" He looks at you, not following. "In our relationship. Where are we?"

"At a good place."

"Standing still? Moving forward?" You pause before continuing, "Moving backward?" He shakes his head.

"No, never backward."

"Then where?" Silence. "Bruce, if one of us has no intentions on moving forward, then why are we still here?" He takes your hands tenderly into his soft ones, and you knew he was trying to remain calm.

"You know why I can't do that."

"No, tell me. Because if you're trying not to hurt me, that's bogus because standing still means you move backward in time. I'm not a statue, Bruce, I'm a statue to prevent from being broken and to keep preserved."

In your peripheral vision, you see his hands starting to turn green, and he clenches his hands around yours.

"So I guess this is it?" he says, trying to hold the tears in his eyes, but starting to fail. You shake your head.

"For standing still, yes." He lowers his head, his shoulders shaking as he tries to hold the green one in. You rub his back and kiss his hands and his cheek, but's not enough. His shirt rips, and he starts to charge around the room. Running to the center, you hold out your arms, palms flexed up, in order to tame him.

"Bruce, you didn't let me finish." He lets out a scream, but after coaxing out to him, he slows, stopping in front of you as he breathes heavily.

"Einstein, I know deep down you've been saying this to me in so many ways, but I want you to know that I feel the same way: I love you." Bruce starts to breathe more calmly.

"Sweetie, I didn't want to end things with you. This is me moving forward. But I need to know: are you moving forward with me?" You hold out your hand, and after a moment of silence, he puts his green one over it, grasping it as he changes back into his human form.

"I love you, too."

C l i n t B a r t o n

"Remind me the point of this?" you ask as you trek through the woods with your boyfriend. It was humid and foggy. A while back, you both nearly twisted your ankles on a huge tree root, and already you had gotten three bug bites. And after nearly getting a tick embedded in you, you had had enough.