Chapter 1: New teacher

(Nikki to the right of the screen :D) ----------------------------------->

"NIKKI!!!" my best friend yells at the top of her lungs.

"What?" I say, irritated. I set down the book I was reading to look at her smiling face. How in the world can someone be that happy?

"Sleepover, my house, tonight! Be there!" she demands with that smile still plastered on her face. I am no fool, that face means I need to be there. Usually, she's just bubbly all the time. But when she demands something, I follow her for some reason...even if she is just playing around.

"Alright." I say, sighing in defeat. I put my book back in my backpack and get ready to head to class.

"Hey, have you heard the good news?" She said, impatiently.

"There's cookies?" I asked. "But seriously, Chrissy, you're scaring me. What's the real good news?" I asked, seeing her pouty side come out.

"Well, there's this new insanely hot teacher for our Spanish II class and he is Fi-Ine!" she said, jumping up and down.

"Hey guys, what did I miss?" Trey said, coming up from behind me and putting an arm around me and kissing my cheek tenderly.

"Chrissy's going off about a new "hot" spanish teacher." I laughed at his grimacing face. Trey was my boyfriend, whom I trusted with my life ever since he saved me from drowning when we were younger. At first, I thought I was just hanging out with him because I thought I owed him. But that was a few years ago when I was only 13 and he admitted he had feelings for me when we were 14 and I hadn't realized I felt the same until he actually told me first. Yes, I was that clueless.

"What period is your spanish class, Nikki?" Trey asked.

"First, why?" I asked poking his cheek.

"Is someone jelly?" Chrissy asked.

"What?! I'm not jealous! Have you guys even seen the new guy? What is there to be jealous about if you haven't even seen him?"

"Then why are you so defensive?" she taunted.

I rolled my eyes at their bickering. "You guys, we're going to be late if we don't hurry, like now." I said, pushing through them before they could start arguing on a whole new subject. OK, so Chrissy and Trey do not like each other, at all. It kinda sucks that your own best friend hates your boyfriend, but I still love them both to death.

I quickly gathered my stuff, Chrissy by my side as we had the same first period, and started rushing to our spanish class. The thing was in our school, if you were late once, you got lunch detention. And with our class upstairs and our lockers downstairs, it kind of made it hard to get there within a three minute time span.

We sprinted down the hall and, just when we opened the door, the bell rang.

"SHIT!" I yelled outloud, crumbling to the floor, panting. We didn't make it. Chrissy looked around, seeing if the teacher was there, and ran to her desk, barely making it as he stepped into the door.

"Good morning, class, I am your new teacher, Mr. Stephenson. But you can just call me Mr. S for short. Your old teacher, Mrs. Holliday, had to take care of some...personal problems and I will be your new teacher for this semester. Miss?" he asked, bending down to my level. "Are you okay?"

I nodded and looked up. Crap, I shouldn't have. He was drop dead gorgeous! With dark brown hair that barely brushed his shoulders and with his deep brown eyes that anyone could get lost in.

"Well then, if you don't mind, can you please take your seat?" he asked, helping me up. Something like little mini electric currents were pulsating from his hands into my arms and he immediatly pulled away walking over to his desk and sat down.

Well, that was weird. I looked at him curiously and walked to my seat near Chrissy, earning a few death glares from the few girls in the class. Oh, whatever they can go eff themselves.

"As you know, I'm Mr. S. I'm twenty-four years old, for those wondering, and I hate kids who don't study. Okay class, since I know absolutely nothing about any of you, let's go around and say a little something about ourselves." a few of the guys groaned in irritation. "Or, we could go over the original 3-page lesson that your original teacher wanted to go over with you?" he asked. Immediatly, a kid named Brad stood up.

"My name is Brad, I'm 16, and I play football for the school." he said and sat back down.

"Alright, I guess we'll do this long and tiring lesson tomorrow. Now, let's get a volunteer to speak up from the back." His eyes set upon me. Shit. "What about you, Miss," he looked at a sheet of paper, "Adams?" he asked. "Why don't you stand up and tell the class a little bit about yourself?"

I stood up reluctantly and took a deep breath. "My name is Nikki, I'm 16, and I like to eat." I said and sat back down.

He looked amused and kept on asking for introductions of everyone else, but his gaze always fell on me for some apparent reason. Finally, the bell rang, this embarrassing class was over.

"Miss Adams, may I have a word with you?" or, it was almost over.

I sighed, and stayed after everyone left. When Chrissy was done making teasing faces at me, she left and I was left alone to face the music.

"Sir?" I asked.

"I'm aware you were late for class and you yelled profanities." he said, standing up.

"Woah, technically, I yelled a profanity! Meaning, not more than one! And second, my friend was late to class too."

"Miss Adams, you just admitted to yelling a profanity and being late. Technically," he mocked me, "your friend managed to find her seat before I came in the room. Therefore, I don't care about your friend."

Great, even if this guy is a total hotty, he's a total ass. Just my luck.

"I'm sorry, but you'll have to stay for detention afterschool for your behavior today. You are dismissed." he said.

I rolled my eyes and slammed the door open, rushing to my 2nd period without looking back. It was bad enough I was late for 1st period, I didn't need to have another detention. At least he didn't give me a lunch detention. That would suck balls.

OKAY done! I don't know if this is good or not, but I hope so...next chapter will be that lovely detention. ;)