Chapter Four

Chapter Four: New Guy-Friend

Tiya POV

I waited patiently as the door open revealing a tired looking Z'ekka. I gave her a soft smile but she had this irritated expression on her face. When I saw that expression I felt my face drop. What was wrong with her?

“Hey Z’ekka…. I’m sorry to disturb you. I mean I know you haven’t seen me and I don’t be around here like I use to…. But Z’ekka….”

I giggled at what I heard next.

“Get your ass in here! I am not staring at you because I don’t like you. No I’m staring at you like that because you could have called. Get in here before a stray bullet hit you.” Z’ekka grabbed my arm and pulled me in. I smiled at Z’ekka being herself

Once the door was closed I sighed at the safety of warmth.

"I have so much to tell you Z'ekka. I have been through so much, I’m tired." I frowned when I saw a boy sitting on the couch. He was white and I know how Z'ekka is to white people. She's indifferent but she doesn’t trust them ever since they tried to rape her mom.

"Hi" I waved my hand over to him.

Z'ekka sat in the comfortable one seat sofa chair across from the couch.

"Tiya this is Zickie, Zickie this is Tiya. Zickie's car broke down and he didn't know how to take the bus. I was in a good mood so I offered him my guidance. However he got tired and so since we were close to my house I told him he can stay at my house for the night."

I nodded my head but that named sounded so familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it.

I mean don't get me wrong the boy was very attractive. He had inky black hair that was the length of his ears. It wasn't cut like Bieber but it was that length. Zickie had a purple head band holding his hair out his face. I could see his whole face. It was young but it held some experience to it. He had a purple scarf that matched the head band. Zickie shirt was gray v-neck. I could see he had a tattoo on his chest. I didn't know what it said but I could see the markings. The pants were denim skinnies. They weren't low to the point I could see his whole ass. They were a little bit down almost sexy. He wore some purple and white Nikes.

I pulled my eyes back up to his face only to meet his eyes. They were staring at me as he also checked me out. Those grayish green eyes were so pretty. It held up to this boy. He got natural swag and I like that.

I turned my gaze to my lap realizing I needed to stop looking him up and down. Z'ekka might think something of it.

"So gurl why did you come here so late? What's up with you? I haven't seen you in 4 years." Z'ekka yanked me out my thoughts.

I cleared my throat bring my full focus on Z'ekka as she crossed her legs in her sweat pants and tank top.

"Well I think I threw my future out the window. I mean I was in a fight because some white bitch called me a nigga. I was meeting my boyfriend’s family for the first time..... And he said I always fighting with too much power..."

Z'ekka cut me off with a short laugh, "Tiya you do seem like always ready to jump someone. Even when the situation don't take all that. In middle school you thought everyone was out to get you.  Tiya you be ready to stand up for something that people don't know what you are standing up for. Since it's like a mental battle with in your own head. SO I can see where he's coming from."

I frown a little. I didn't come here to hear this. I wanted her to be pumped about the fact that I was fight or the fact that I was trying to defend my pride. However the truth hurts but I didn't come here for the truth I came here for a damn friend. Somehow I feel like I aint going to get one easily.