Chapter Four: My Crush Gets Possessed

Start bij het begin

"Thanks, Nico," she smiled. Their heads bent closer. Maybe Rachel had thought of him as more than a friend. There lips were about to meet...

That's when Rachel suddenly became rigid. Her eyes widened and Nico pulled back instantly, thinking at first that Rachel was embarrassed by what she had been about to do. That thought was erased from his mind, however, when she started to chant in an eerie voice that definitely wasn't her own. She was giving a prophecy.

"The newest god and goddess's child

Shall replace an old goddess long since gone wild

Peace has been made

But the price has been payed

For all the years of chaos

She shall be stripped of her

Powers which will be preserved

For the child to take in at birth."

Rachel sucked in a long breath before collapsing onto Nico's lap. He sat there, trying to focus on the prophecy but having a difficult time as he held Rachel in his arms. Even if she did happen to be passed out, it was a bit hard to focus when you were holding your crush against you.

It was a good thing Nico had an excellent memory. Because if he didn't, he would probably have forgotten every last word of it when Rachel opened her eyes, looked at Nico, and kissed him like there was no tomorrow.

As much as Nico was rather embarrassed to admit it, and although he had had a previous failed relationship he'd rather no mention, this was his first kiss, and it was a good one.

"I'm sorry I never... I don't know," Rachel muttered softly. "You've always been there for me, Nico. I could tell that you liked me. I'm not really sure why I never... responded to it."

"It's okay," Nico replied gently, happiness surging through his veins. Rachel had kissed him.

They sat there for a while, Rachel comfortably in Nico's arm. Nico didn't care if they sat like this forever, not making a sound.

Eventually, though, it seemed to dawn on Rachel that she had made a prophecy.

"What did I say?" She asked Nico. He repeated the prophecy to her, and she furrowed her brow in confusion.

"How are we supposed to know who the newest God and Goddess are? I haven't even got a clue who the prophecy is for."

Suddenly Nico thought of something.

"All of the demigods living with me, and myself, were offered to become gods by the Olympians," He told Rachel.

"You're going to become a god?!" Rachel said, her eyes widening in shock.

"Yep," he replied simply, "In five months."

"Nico, that's amazing!" With that, she leaned in and kissed him again. Nico decided that the prophecy could wait for another time as he tried to focus all his attention on his crush.

Unfortunately, there was still the memory of someone else lurking in the back of his mind. 

***

Nico arrived home in an ecstatic, giddy mood that he had never really felt before. Everyone, especially Hazel, looked at him strangely when he came in the door and went straight to his room, a very un-Nico-like grin plastered to his face.

"What's up with him?" he heard Leo mutter. If only he knew.

***

The next morning he decided it was time to think about the prophecy again. Once everyone was gathered around the table for breakfast, he brought the topic up.

"I was with Rachel last night," he started, but was cut off as Leo exclaimed, "That's what the creepy grin was all about!" Back to his normal self, Nico glared at Leo and he felt silent.

"As I was saying, I was with Rachel last night when she said a prophecy," At that, everyone stared at Nico, their full attention focused on him, food forgotten for the moment. It made Nico rather uncomfortable, but he continued on anyways. He repeated the prophecy and looked around the table to see their reactions.

Annabeth blanched, and Percy's eyes widened. Piper was glancing uncomfortably towards the two.

"Is there something I should know?" Nico asked suspiciously. Nobody said anything.

He looked around at Hazel, Frank, Leo, and Jason. They seemed just as confused Nico, but something was definitely going on between the other three.

"Percy? Annabeth? Piper?" Nico said desperately. Leo didn't even attempt to break the tension this time. Finally, Annabeth took a deep breath and opened her mouth.

"I'm pregnant."

Hazel squealed, Leo's eyes widened, and Frank and Jason looked concerned.

Well, it was no longer a mystery who the prophecy was for.