chapter twenty three

Start from the beginning

But as reality is so cruel and with a sense of cruel humor, Alexander Benson so happened to be of alpha bloodline

A long lost cousin who knew so much about me.

About what I was…

About a past I never shared with anyone but my father

A long lost cousin who was telling me it was wrong to tell Preston the truth when I had just decided to do so…

He was also a cousin I knew nothing about.

Yes he might be the cousin who had played with me when I was young but it has been years since we saw each other. And with the additional knowledge that he was the grandson of the man who ordered my mother’s death….his own child.

Trusting him was not so easy.

“You won’t kill me Preston. I am your equal.” He said staring straight into Preston’s eyes.

“You’re in my territory. I will if you don’t leave now.” He hissed sounding scary than ever.

Alexander thought for a second looked at me and said. “Remember what happened to your mother and learn from past mistakes.” He spoke with an authoritative tone I hated.

What the hell was that supposed to mean?

“Alexander” I called him in a near shout.

He turned. “You want me to stay?”

“Go to hell.” I said and walked away holding Preston’s hand at the same time he followed me without saying anything though I knew he would have followed Alexander given half the chance.

I had made the decision to tell Preston everything and I was not about to let Alexander interfere with my thoughts or what I was going to do.

We walked through the hallway not saying anything. When we were in the parking lot he led the way to the area of the school where it was deserted for the next two hours I guessed.

After all in my mind he was just another werewolf who I did not know anything about.

I stopped and so did Preston who was staring at me and not bothering to hide his concern. “What’s going on?”

“We need to talk.”

His face grew serious. “Is this about what you said earlier?”

I would bet everything I had at that time that he was thinking that Alexander must have been the one to tell me this secret.

“I know that you are not human” I said in a mere whisper nevertheless he heard me as his eyes closely examined me, giving me all of his attention. “Preston,” I waited for a reply.

“Who told you that?” he turned back to face the way we had come through. “Is it that bastard Alexander?” he hissed.

A part of me was begging me to stop talking but then this was it…I had to tell him.

I cupped his face in my hands, our eyes locking into each other’s.

And in that second he forgot he had been considering killing Alexander a minute ago.

 I could feel the tingles; I could feel my heart slowing down. I could feel the butterflies gathering in the pit of my stomach awakening me to a whole new feeling.

Our connection was opened like it had been every other time but today it became deeper.

I breathed in.

“You want to tell me what is going on?” he asked. I felt his hands cupping my hands and slowly caressing them. “not that I wouldn’t wish we could stay like this forever…” he added a faint smile that added on to my heart racing monitor.